tax an duty ???? Helpppppp

giorgina

O.G.
Oct 3, 2009
HI GIRLS I WAS WONDERING IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WANT TO BUY A NICE BAL BAG FROM A NICE EBAYER FROM NORWAY I MIGHT PAY TAX AND DUTY AS I LIVE IN ITALY I HAVE DOING SOME CALLS AND SOME RESAERCH BUT NOTHUNG AS COME UP SOME PEOPLE SAY ITS EXPENSIVE OTHER SAY BEEN USED MAYBE ITS CHEAP. HAVE YOU EXPERIANCE SOME THING LIKE ME dO U KNOW HOW MUCH A HAVE TO PAY? ITS A FIRST BAL BAG SO THE BAG IS NOT BIG!!!

Try contacting your Customs helpline ( I assume they are the department that take duty/tax ) They should be able to give you criteria for calculation remember to quote the price you paid for the bag NOT what its worth, ie: what your ebay/PP receipt would show.

Good luck :flowers:

In the Uk it is about 17.5% of the purchase price and shipping fees
Customs catogorise the item at customs but it tends to work out about 17.5% of the total price
In the UK there is a import duties and customs helpline which will give you some idea of how much you will have to pay
I am not sure about Italy/Norway though

Thank u very much for your help!!!!! I have called some numbers but not very helpful!!!! I gess i have to pay about 50/60 euros i hope is not going to be more im not very happy to pay for tax and duty as the bag is used but i really really like and i have been looking for this bag for a while so if i want it i must pay tax 'n duty thanks xxxxxxx