Taupe for winter.....

gatorgirl07

Dec 2, 2012
What do you ladies think about taupe being a 'winter' color? I am looking for a neutral for all seasons, but I can't decide. I normally wear whatever I want, but I like to at least look like I give a hoot about the certain colors for the season

LOVE carmel - so soothing to the eye gatorgirl and it is for all seasons. In reality in the winter in Chicago when the snow and salt are seriously thigh high that is not the bag I would be carrying.

We don't have that kind of winter here. It gets bitterly cold, but generally doesn't snow. The few times we do get snow, it is not more than ankle or calf deep. It's usually just enough to keep the kids out of school for the day, and then it is gone.

Why wouldn't you carry it??

Taupe is amazing! I wear it with everything! It is one color that steps in for not heaving the darker brown, black, lighter brown. It is just that versatile! Its the "safe" bag I reach for when Im not sure which color would pull my outfit and shoes together.

Camel is really nice too, but taupe has all those undertones and is right there in the middle so for a shade more is.. more wearable. For me, at least.

And the pictures of mine..Its a small one.

Attachments

• SATCHEL SMALL TAUPE.jpg
    SATCHEL SMALL TAUPE.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,125
  • taupe and coach.jpg
    taupe and coach.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,118
  • torba1.jpg
    torba1.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 1,115
Oh, and sorry. I misread caramel for camel. Caramel is a bit more versatile. Depends in which style would you get it. I love it in zip zip satchel. And it would also be a year round color.

We don't have that kind of winter here. It gets bitterly cold, but generally doesn't snow. The few times we do get snow, it is not more than ankle or calf deep. It's usually just enough to keep the kids out of school for the day, and then it is gone.

Why wouldn't you carry it??

Only because it's miserable out and just trying to stay alive:nogood:

What do you ladies think about taupe being a 'winter' color? I am looking for a neutral for all seasons, but I can't decide. I normally wear whatever I want, but I like to at least look like I give a hoot about the certain colors for the season

I'm no help because I'm a ANY color bag for ANY season. I plan to carry my Salmon, Ocean Blue, Kelly Green and Taupe through Fall and winter. I don't "give a hoot". 😁😁

Taupe is good in all seasons. So is caramel and a lot of other mid tone shades. With taupe, there are many different color tones.... currently Dooneys taupe has a lot of brown in it. The taupe I have from years ago wa much less brown and more of a grey/beige tone. Both are fine. The only thing I would note is that taupe won't brighten up an outfit. So in cold, drab weather, it won't provide any interest to your outfit... unless your clothing/coat is usually a bright color.

Other good 4 season colors are red, medium blue or royal blue, medium purple, and dark yellow.

I would carry taupe and caramel all year long, just because I feel like neutrals are year round. I used to only carry dark colors in winter because I wear a black coat. However I got a refreshing surprise when I received and carried my natural logo lock last winter. I loved the nice bright pop against my black coat. However I don't think I'll even be afraid to carry my violet Kingston this winter. The pop of color will be great against my black coat. I'm for all colors anytime of year. Isn't fashion about expressing yourself? There are no wrong answers. :smile: