Tattooed eyeliner? Or brows? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoeFanatic

Sep 25, 2006
I'm thinking about getting tattooed eyeliner..
I hate putting on eyeliner everyday,
I have sparse eyelashes, so I need liner..
has anyone done this?
Pros/cons?
Was it painful?

I'm also thinking of getting a few bare spots on my brows tattooed as well..
has anyone down this?

Also, any recs in the L.A area would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of doing it too actually!

My mother and sister have theirs done and they look great! They even corrected my mom's greeny/blue tattooing from the 80's! They said it's just stingy and annoying more than pain... and the only con they can think of is that they might need to get them redone if they fade... my sister did swell up a bit and she refused to leave home for about a week after! haha

HTH!

I had my eyebrows done in Asia last summer and it wasn't too painful. It only stung a bit when they sprayed the numbing solution during the process and it felt slightly uncomfortable in the beginning but it goes away.
But now my eyebrows are more filled in and it's barely noticeable (only 1 of my friends had mentioned the difference). It's also easier to puck/wax stray hairs along the shape.
My aunt had her waterline and lips tattooed years ago but never told me how the pain was.

I have my eyes done and while it is painful, it is worth it. Finding the right person is key. Don't be impressed with new, young girls who couldn't make it through high school so they went to beauty school. No insult, but this is art work and the ones who have been doing it for years--hispanics, asians, are the best.

I have seen some people that look like a clown with tattoo makeup. I am sure I have also seen people that look natural so you don't even know it is done.
I would think getting someone who is experienced and has a reputation in the business is the way to go. There are too many "spa/salon" type shops that offer this service with people who really don't know what they are doing. I have also read about allergic reactions to the products. One never knows if they will have a problem. Do you know a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon that might be able to give you a recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.