Food Taste Test: The 90-Calorie Gingerbread Latte Has Arrived!

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Starbucks Delivers A Light Latte In Time For The Holidays!

Tis the season of holiday-ish lattes at the coffee chains across America. Millions trade in their mochas and caramel mochiatos for eggnog, peppermint, or pumpkin spice lattes. Well Starbucks is introducing a 90 calorie holiday option - a gingerbread latte with sugar-free syrup and nonfat milk (no whip of course).

Starting TODAY, November 8, just walk up to the counter and ask for "a tall nonfat gingerbread latte with sugar-free syrup and no whip." If you like getting "iced" lattes (and I totally understand this preference), a grande size (iced nonfat gingerbread latte with sugar-free syrup and no whip) will get you about the same calories as the tall sized hot latte.

Between these two options though, I preferred the hot latte. I definitely liked the gingerbread spice flavors and while I could detect the sugar-free syrup, it wasn't altogether unappealing. It might not be as noticeable to someone who is used to lot a of sugar-free products. I might be tempted next time to ask for lowfat milk or a half a squirt of regular syrup, though, because I think it needs just a little more oomph! (at least for me it does).

Here are the numbers:

The nutritional information for a Tall Nonfat Gingerbread Latte with Sugar-free syrup is:
  • 90 Calories
  • 0 g. Fat
  • 0 g. Sat. Fat
  • 5 mg Cholesterol
  • 14 g. Carbs
On ice, a Tall Nonfat Latte with Sugar-free Syrup and no whip has:
  • 60 Calories
  • 0 g. Fat
  • 0 g. Sat. Fat
  • 5 mg. Cholesterol
  • 9 g. Carbs
(http://blogs.webmd.com/healthy-recipe-doctor/2007/11/taste-test-90-calorie-gingerbread-latte.html)

I had two today... loved them. I get decaf though. I had a nonfat gingerbread with regular syrup yesterday... but found today's to be just as lovely... but as you said... I'm one of those people that's used to sugar free stuff.

^^ The other day, I ordered a nonfat, light whip Gingerbread Latte.

If I were to drink them every day, I would consider doing the nonfat sugar free option.

I don't want to drink one every day. I just wanted one once this season. (It was like that with the Pumpkin Lattes.)

oops, I got the grande with sugar free but forgot to say nonfat. anyone know the caoric damage on that one?

It was great, BTW!! thanks for the tip, LOL!
Too bad I forgot the main part...thought I did say easy whip, so I only got a teeybit of whip....

I'm addicted. I get at least one a day. They're the best. And it satisfies my sweet tooth even though its sugar free. It's funny, I say nonfat and they still ask me if I want whip... that wouldn't make it nonfat people, come on.

oops, I got the grande with sugar free but forgot to say nonfat. anyone know the caoric damage on that one?

It was great, BTW!! thanks for the tip, LOL!
Too bad I forgot the main part...thought I did say easy whip, so I only got a teeybit of whip....

210 calories
10 grams of fat

That's with whole milk.

With 2% it's
180 calories
6 grams of fat

Go to the Starbucks website. They have all the nutritional information on there.