Tarten bag lining - when did it stop?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I'm popping my forum cherry with a question!

Does anyone know when the tarten lining stopped being used in Mulberry bags? I have a teeny tiny Mulberry bag that I bought on Evilbay some years ago but it's sat in a drawer ever since because I realised it's just too damn small for all my bits and bobs! I'm 99% sure it's genuine but am trying to do some research on it before selling it on to a good home.

A bit more description of the bag: it's pale yellow, has tan leather hand straps, is about 8" in height and width. If it has a name then i'd love to know what it is!!

Thanks,
    Kat x

2. If you post a photo I am sure one of the girls will know more about what it might be :smile:

3. I think the tartan stopped early 1990s. I had a few bags with tartan lining, all congo leather.
    Post a pic of your bag and we'll see if we can name it for you.

4. 008c.jpg

004c.jpg

Hi all,

I've uploaded a couple of photos to give you a sense of size, colour, and hopefully so we can ascertain its authenticity! Let me know what you think...

Kat

5. It looks like a bell. It is in what I call 'the crossover period' age-wise, as it has 'vintage' checked lining but a more modern (although not current) leather label. I would say it is about 8(ish) years old, give or take a year or so.

6. Wow, thanks! Now I'm not sure if I should part with it or not... :confused1:

7. The tartan lining stopped around 2002/03. Mulberry used a black or black/cranberry satiny material Mulberry tree lining between 2002/03/04, then Mulberry produced the suede interiors & some interior cotton Mulberry tree linings 2004 onwards....hope that makes sense lol