Tarnished GG logo on new camera bag...

May 4, 2010
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased the small Gucci marmont camera bag in light blue with silver hardware. I purchased it online and received it yesterday. The silver GG logo has some tarnishing but it is otherwise completely perfect. This was mentioned in another thread by 2 other members that recently bought bags from the same collection. One was able to successfully clean her logo with stainless steel cleaner, the other exchanged and ended up with a wrinkled bag. I am stuck as to what to do. Should I try to clean it or exchange?? I worry in the store they might get annoyed if I have to look over a few bags to find the right one lol.

Also if anyone has experience cleaning the tarnish off please share tips.

If you're spending that amount on a bag, it should be perfect. I am sure they won't be annoyed at you wanting your bag to be perfect :biggrin: Gucci SAs in my experience have always been very accommodating and helpful. Also, if you try to clean it and then it looks worse, there's a change they won't accept the exchange, so it would better to return for a new one ASAP imo.