Tarnished GG logo on new camera bag...

May 4, 2010
Sunny Florida
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased the small Gucci marmont camera bag in light blue with silver hardware. I purchased it online and received it yesterday. The silver GG logo has some tarnishing but it is otherwise completely perfect. This was mentioned in another thread by 2 other members that recently bought bags from the same collection. One was able to successfully clean her logo with stainless steel cleaner, the other exchanged and ended up with a wrinkled bag. I am stuck as to what to do. Should I try to clean it or exchange?? I worry in the store they might get annoyed if I have to look over a few bags to find the right one lol.

Also if anyone has experience cleaning the tarnish off please share tips.

jasmynh1

Feb 18, 2016
United Kingdom
If you're spending that amount on a bag, it should be perfect. I am sure they won't be annoyed at you wanting your bag to be perfect :biggrin: Gucci SAs in my experience have always been very accommodating and helpful. Also, if you try to clean it and then it looks worse, there's a change they won't accept the exchange, so it would better to return for a new one ASAP imo.