"tarnish" style hardware...opinions?

remainsilly

bye-bye
Aug 15, 2014
Browsed chanel boutique yesterday & saw classic double flap medium(believe taupe lambskin) with what sa called "tarnish" hardware.
Said it will match either gold or silver jewelry.
Hardware has a vintage, matte look. Kind of brownish in color.

I was interested in opinions--like or not like?
And, is this a new hardware look or been around awhile?

Thank you.

Browsed chanel boutique yesterday & saw classic double flap medium(believe taupe lambskin) with what sa called "tarnish" hardware.
Said it will match either gold or silver jewelry.
Hardware has a vintage, matte look. Kind of brownish in color.

I was interested in opinions--like or not like?
And, is this a new hardware look or been around awhile?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have the bag you're talking about. The hardware is also referred as matte gold hardware or brushed gold hardware. A few other TPFers also have this bag. I think the hardware has been around a few years. They came out with a red and royal blue lambskin with the brushed/matte gold hardware last year.

Think the taupe color goes well with lambskin and the matte gold hardware combo.

Attaching a pic for reference. This is with flash. :smile:

IMG_20140829_134101.jpg

Thanks for the pic! Your bag's lovely.

Wow...I'm WAY off on my color description.
Not only was the bag I saw more yellow, but the hardware was rougher looking. More...patchy-colored, perhaps.

At this point, I'm thinking what I saw resembles hardware from Dallas collection.

If I can get a pic, I will. Thanks again.

Thanks for the pic! Your bag's lovely.

Wow...I'm WAY off on my color description.
Not only was the bag I saw more yellow, but the hardware was rougher looking. More...patchy-colored, perhaps.

At this point, I'm thinking what I saw resembles hardware from Dallas collection.

If I can get a pic, I will. Thanks again.

Are you by any chance referring to ruthenium hardware??

If it is ruthenium -I have a bag with ruthenium and I love it. It's not as glamorous as bright gold or silver but holy cow- the hardware literally has matched every color combination I have thrown at it. I definitely got my money's work with that hardware. It's a different look.. A little edgy / more fashion forward.

I've had a look @ ruthenium examples.
Yes, more like that. But, not as noticeably silver--went very well with bag's warm color.

Again, sorry if wasting time--should've thought to get pic. Do appreciate all the help.

I've had a look @ ruthenium examples.
Yes, more like that. But, not as noticeably silver--went very well with bag's warm color.

Again, sorry if wasting time--should've thought to get pic. Do appreciate all the help.

Here are GHW, SHW, and RWH, but I think you are looking for aged gold.

Attachments

• photo%201-1.JPG
    photo%201-1.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 391
I believe I've found a pic example!
The hardware on Irene7899's boy, here: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/the-chanel-boy-thread-880937-19.html

What is this hardware called, please?