tariff or duty charge - shipping to Canada

kobe939

O.G.
Apr 16, 2008
I am not sure if I post this correctly, I apologize if not.

I am planning to purchase a handbag from the Gucci outlet in NY to Vancouver, BC where I live. Does anyone have any experience of how much duty or tarrif that you have to pay for a leather handbag to enter into Canada? The bag is about $500 and I don't want to pay like $200 on top just for tariff charge.

Thank you in advance.

If they are shipping it by UPS it will be way more then 11% because they charge a brokerage fee or something like that. If you look on UPS website it can calculate for you. I remember last time I ended up paying $140ish and on a $450 item through UPS. If a website uses UPS to ship I will not shop there. Yikes!

If they are shipping it by UPS it will be way more then 11% because they charge a brokerage fee or something like that. If you look on UPS website it can calculate for you. I remember last time I ended up paying $140ish and on a $450 item through UPS. If a website uses UPS to ship I will not shop there. Yikes!

Yes, ashy1, I called UPS and they said it would be around $120 - $150. So I am going to clear the item myself - save some $ to buy another bag.:yes:

Yes, you can clear it yourself and save a TON of money. It's alittle hassle because you have to go to the UPS at the airport. But its worth it if you are saving 150 dollars. How do you buy from Gucci stores in the US? Do you just call them and say you want the bag? And they will ship it?

Yes Ashy1, I just called the Gucci woodbury outlet and talked to Mie (she is great) and see if they have the bag I like. Also, I was reading the thread on the Gucci outlet and deals and there were some nices members who posted some pictures on the thread. I was referencing those pictures with Mie. Also, Mie sent me some pictures of some other bags that she thinks I would be interested. I have purchased a bag from her today, can't wait! :yahoo:

OMgosh!!If only I had known they shipped to Canada. That's awesome. What bag did you end up getting? I wish the D-gold is gonna go to the outlet. That's the next one I'm thinking of getting. Congrats!!Post some model pics once you get it.

I got the Princy large tote in silver guccisima in leather, it was a good price, only $479 and shipping is only $20. I am so happy. I will post some pics when it arrives.

Also, you should keep you eye out for June Gucci store sale, they might have the D-Gold bag that you like. Are you in Canada? If so, where about are you if you don't mind me asking?

Wow. That's an awesome price on that bag. $20 shipping is very cheap. Congrats. I hope it will go on sale in Canada. I wonder if its the same sale dates. I'm in Vancouver as well. I should update my profile since i'm more of an active member now!!:smile: