Target x Marimekko April 17th

I went to two stores today and nearly everything was in stock. Guess this collaboration didn't create as much of a frenzy as previous ones. I thought everything was really cute and well made but I didn't buy anything. I always go overboard for these collaborations and I am trying to get out of that habit. I may buy some of the bathing suits and cover-ups if they make it to the sale rack.

I ordered the black and white garden tools to decorate a potting bench. However I didn't love them when I saw them in store. I liked the stainless garden tools better, but they cost twice as much, so maybe I'll keep the marimekko set when I receive it. If the pattern rubs off, I can probably spray the metal black and the tools would still look cute with the wooden handles.

I ordered the black and white garden tools to decorate a potting bench. However I didn't love them when I saw them in store. I liked the stainless garden tools better, but they cost twice as much, so maybe I'll keep the marimekko set when I receive it. If the pattern rubs off, I can probably spray the metal black and the tools would still look cute with the wooden handles.

The garden tools look so cute online. I didn't see any in store today though.

Went to the store and the black white swim leggings were there. Don't think they're good for working out. They were really thin and sheer if you bent over. I didn't see any home goods. Only clothes at my store. No one was looking at it.

The garden tools look so cute online. I didn't see any in store today though.

Went to the store and the black white swim leggings were there. Don't think they're good for working out. They were really thin and sheer if you bent over. I didn't see any home goods. Only clothes at my store. No one was looking at it.

In my store, the clothes display was in the front with the clothes, and the home goods items were in the back with the seasonal merchandise. Both were well stocked at midday yesterday when I went, but we had a ton of snow so there weren't crowds. There were still a lot of people in the store, not at the marimekko displays.

I totally forgot on Sunday morning, went today at lunch and everything was in stock, I think the marimekko has a cult following, but it doesn't appeal to the masses. Very few people in my area know the brand. I am sure my Scandinavian friends very happy to grab a few things, but overall this was a bust for target.

I went yesterday. The clothes racks were full. The housewares looked well stocked too. I had my eye on the tote cooler and that was the only thing that sold out as I took the last one.

I purchased the Appelsini top (too cute, the cut is perfect for my shape). Figures I better go ahead and buy it, because last year I completely missed out on the Lilly stuff. Liked one of the swimsuits, but they were out of my size. Everything else seemed stocked up.

Shorts were a win - slightly big in the waist but not falling off. Tunic being returned - not crazy about the fit. Too short on me as a dress but too long as a tunic. I bought that print in the large beach towel so I have something. 🙂

Finally got all of my stuff and I really like it. I can see how the material might not be to everyone's liking but I'm a Florida girl so thin works for us. I got the black and white coverup, the Orange and yellow coverup, black and white tunic and palazzos, and the floral palazzos in the blue and black print. I always go overboard with these collabs but they are fun and I truly enjoy wearing the clothes. I always get compliments on them too.