Target Lookalikes?

oh reverie

♪ ♫ ♪
Jan 18, 2009
I've been watching the Target ad bounce around at the top of the forum screen and finally clicked it!
These caught my eye on Target.com and although they are not exact copies, I wanted to share this with my other Coachies and see if you guys see the similarities too?
Am I the only one who thinks Target could at least try to be a bit more original? :shrugs:

Yikes, I would hate to see a Zoe imitation pop up...

They do look like the Coach purses you compared to but it's not just Target alone. Even a few local brands here (which are under the same mother company) are selling purses that look like Coach items. So far I have seen one that looks exactly like Carly and another that's like Sabrina. Also, I saw one that looks like a scaled down Julianne in a store during lunch break. If I can pull up some pictures I would do the side-by-side comparison to show you gals.

They all get inspiration from somewhere. COACH got their inspiration from someone, who got their inspiration from someone. I'm heading to my Target tomorrow to pick up the multi-color Hollywood Intuition Bracelet for $9.99. They got my $10 bucks from that ad.

I like Target because as much $$$ as I spend on bags, sometimes my clothes and shoes have to take a back seat...many times Target IS that backseat!!!

I've seen bags that look alot more like Coach inspired, but yes Target is notorious. They've already done Sabrina, Carly & Julianne...and actually the Julianne may still be on the site!

I've been watching the Target ad bounce around at the top of the forum screen and finally clicked it!
These caught my eye on Target.com and although they are not exact copies, I wanted to share this with my other Coachies and see if you guys see the similarities too?
Am I the only one who thinks Target could at least try to be a bit more original? :shrugs:

Yikes, I would hate to see a Zoe imitation pop up...

:censor: me too!

It used to bother me but not so much anymore. There are a lot of people that can't afford the bags we have but love the style, so they get what they can; and some people buy bags so often that it doesn't make sense to spend as much money. Either way, if it's not a fake Coach, it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm happy with what I own and that's all that really matters. Hope this didn't come off as rude; I didn't intend it that way - just a different perspective.

It used to bother me but not so much anymore. There are a lot of people that can't afford the bags we have but love the style, so they get what they can; and some people buy bags so often that it doesn't make sense to spend as much money. Either way, if it's not a fake Coach, it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm happy with what I own and that's all that really matters. Hope this didn't come off as rude; I didn't intend it that way - just a different perspective.

Agreed. I don't think the Target versions are close enough to get worried about. They're "similar"...go to any store and you'll be able to find lookalikes!

Lookalikes but not fakes. Lookalikes don't bother me. I am fortunate that I can afford Coach, but most of my friends/family can't....or they just don't want to. I've said before that my best friend doesn't do purses...but the few she has are more along the lines of a Target purse. And that is fine.

It is overt fakes that pretend to be Coach (or another brand) that bother me.