Target Lookalikes?

^^^^
I agree. These bags don't bother me. I personally will NOT buy fake leather purses :sick: because it seems like a waste of money but many people don't care about leather or WON'T carry leather so this a good option for them.

Yes they do look very much alike but imitation is the best form of flattery. Many Coach bags are look alike's of other bags. That is fine as long as they are not FAKES...

Lookalikes but not fakes. Lookalikes don't bother me. I am fortunate that I can afford Coach, but most of my friends/family can't....or they just don't want to. I've said before that my best friend doesn't do purses...but the few she has are more along the lines of a Target purse. And that is fine.

It is overt fakes that pretend to be Coach (or another brand) that bother me.

I agree! I hate fakes they are pretending to be what they are not. I would rather see a nice Target purse that a fake coach.:sick:

Lookalikes but not fakes. Lookalikes don't bother me. I am fortunate that I can afford Coach, but most of my friends/family can't....or they just don't want to. I've said before that my best friend doesn't do purses...but the few she has are more along the lines of a Target purse. And that is fine.

lol i believe i might have a look a like from before i knew about different designers or could afford one. But I have NEVER bought a fake and never will it is real tacky and what would i say if someone spotted it. I would be mortified

I actually think a lot of them are super cute!! I seen the banner across the top of Tpf and the first thing I noticed were the bracelets, I thought they looked Similar to Coach's bracelets so, I clicked on the ad and started skimming through the Hollywood intuition brand stuff.
When you click on the Hollywood intuition name, it says right there "Designer Style at guilt-free prices". These are meant to look similar to designer bags and I do agree that most of them, to me, look like Coach but, I'll bet the inspiration came from other designers than just Coach because, many different designers make bags that have the same shape/design as other designers but, they add their own personal touch to the bag to make it their own. Just like this Target brand made these bags "look" like Coach and other designers bags but, have enough differences to call them thier own designs.
Target isn't the one who does this. Every single designer, even the most exclusive, gets inspiration from other designers. They have to keep up with the trends, latest fashion in order for their bags to stay popular.

Anyway, I was thinking of picking up one of the bags just to have for my "nasty weather" bag.
For the price of them, I wouldn't have to worry about them getting ruined and some of them are pretty darn cute, IMO.

Which is an imitation of a Hermes Birkin or a Mulberry Bayswater...

You read my mind! Every designer is inspired by some other design.

I started buying Target bags proudly after reading Tim Gunn's book because I was drawn to them, and also because they fit my budget. I still go to Target for shoes and clothes (and I still buy trendy bags there with a specific use in mind where I don't need it to last years)...

FWIW, I didn't go into Target looking for a bag that looked just like a certain designer, I just bought what I was drawn to. After reading this thread, I went to my closet and just realized that a bunch of my old bags are Coach inspired - I guess I was a Coachie even before I knew it. =)

I'm with Coach10619. I think that it's nice that there is somewhere to go and buy a cute bag that dosen't break your budget. JC Pennys' also has some really cute bags. I would imagine that as fall and winter come along I'l buy a bag or two at Target, and be proud to carry it. Sometimes people need something for a certain purpose and don't want to lay down even outlet prices. Maybe after I pick up my bracelets tonight I'll post them in the non-Coach thread. I love the look, and for $10 bucks feel like I can't go wrong. I also noticed that Target has lowered the prices of their current bags. They were running $40-$50 bucks when they first came out. 95% of the ones I saw and like were $29.99!!! YIPPEE!!! Great bags for winter, when you're worried about snow & slush!!!

Well... there are some Coach bags that look like other more expensive bags too. There was a post about a Coach bag that resembled a Birkin (of course I think the LV suhali Lockit looks like a Birkin too)... and there was something else I saw recently that the Peyton looks a lot like... but I forget the designer.

Totally agreed.

Lots of lookalikes out there -- even Dooney. Got two emails this week from D&B. One shows a new bag that really resembles a Hermes. The other shows a striped wristlet that looks a LOT like the Bonnie one with the zips.
Kinda wild.

I've always known Target and other stores have Coach inspired bags and I even like to walk the aisles and check out their stuff but... WOWZA! Some of those were bordering on outright carbon copies :amazed:

Very interesting, thanx for sharing!