Target Copying Hermes Evelyn??

angelaira

Sep 23, 2006
I was walking through Target looking for a swimsuit appropriate for wearing to the community pool for the kids Tae Kwon Do field trip today, and ran across this:
3vs5w.jpg

I fail to see how a messenger bag with curved corners can be considered a copy.

I see similarities but a copy to me would have the H, or maybe even a circle without the H, but this is a totally different pattern. I don't see it.

Oh, I apologize, I guess my vernacular was incorrect... by copy, I meant something very similar in style, I did not mean replica... I simply saw the strap, the shape of the attachments, the overall shape of the bag, and to me it seemed like a very cheap, very ugly copy of a beautiful Hermes design...

I agree the spirit of hermes is there I reacted the same way !
Target has done inspirational items in the past
Like the bracalets with the turn lock. I totally see what you see!
I'm like an overprotective parent leave Hermes shapes alone !

Ps the same day I saw this I over heard a girl ask her mom if that was the same bag she was caring!
She had a replica Hermes which really pist me off!
I'm way to over protective !

Nothing at Target is original or inspired and why Target is Target and Hermes is Hermes. Not that there is anything wrong with Target- there is a place for it and their merchandise (even though the vast majority comes from China and quickly falls apart). Many different brands and designers have been pilferring/adapting Hermes' original designs for years- nothing new.

Do keep in mind that the Evelyne is a very simple design so a simple messenger bag like this isn't really copying. To me, a copy of an Hermes bag would be more like those blatant Birkin "homages" from discount retailers.

angelaira, I definitely see the resemblance. The gusseted side, curved top, north/south design, adjustable canvas strap, even the shape of the colored strap attachments. And a sort of "dotted," circular decorative design on one side. Huh. Yup, Evelyne-"inspired," I'd say.

Sorry no offense to anyone, I really don't find this is "copying" Hermes, there are a lot of styles of bags that are like this, the pattern on the bag is actually not bad IMHO, just because others made some holes on a bag doesn't mean they're purposely or non-purposely copying a brand that does it. They could be inspired by something which is absolutely nothing wrong about it, this is how we create great things! Hermes didn't make bag before, and we cannot say they were "copying" other bag makers' idea of making handbags (if you know what i mean)

Although the style is very similar, consider Evelyn is a very functional bag, there's no reason why people cannot afford an Evelyn or simply choose not to purchase one cannot enjoy a great functional bag like this.

wcutiew said:
but Hermes Evelyne is the uggliest bag I've seen....EVER. And seeing it on everyone these days, makes me want to puke. Sorry, I don't care if it's Hermes.....bag is plain damn ugly.

LOLOL!! Love the title of your reply.