Tanos Over Time...

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Does anyone have any pictures of a Tano boogie bucket after a couple of years of use? I know that some people say the leather gets distressed and you can prevent that some from regular conditioning. I've read about how the leather is prepared but don't really know how it ages with regular use.

I just got my grape boogie, and I love this bag and want to use it often. I just worry that it will lose its color over time--I've never had a bag with this kind of (wonderful!) leather so I want to know how to best take care of it. Am I worrying over nothing?

Anyone have any ideas or pictures to share? TIA!:tup:

Hmmmmm good idea! I don't have any though; I'm pretty new to tano... I'm just a tanoaholic and bought a lot when I got addicted lol! So all my bags are only a few months old and hardly get use cause I change em out a lot!

The oldest Boogie I can think of is Voodoo's Blueprint blue, but I think it isn't even a year old yet (Fall '07?). She gets plenty of use out of it and it still looks gorgeous in her pictures! Anybody have an older Boogie or even a Cookie Bucket?

I was in Francescas the other day and they had TWO cookie buckets. The only thing stoping me where the colors. One was beige and the other was a very light green. But oh my goodness were they soft!! Someone on here has one in black I think and it's gorgeous!

Yeah, the Cookie bucket is made from a different leather. I'm not sure what kind but the black Cookie that is posted in one of these threads looks so soft! I guess it's like cloud or velvet or whatever it was at the time?

Voodoo's Blueprint boogie looks great and I know she carries that bag more than her other Tano's. Don't fret just carry your bag and enjoy it.
Tano Bags are made to be worn and enjoyed. If you are worried about the color fading you should condition it with Apple Garde to protect the finish. I wear my Boogies in the rain and inclement weather and they are just fine. I don't feel I need to baby my Tano Bags as I feel they are resilient.

My Lawn Boogie

Voodoos Blueprint Boogie

2dt1xnc.jpg

My blueprint Boogie isn't my oldest Tano...but it definitely sees more daylight than the rest. The color has stayed amazingly rich and beautiful. I have noticed some corner wear and those small sections are looking a wee bit drier than the rest of the bag. I'm going to give the B-Bag Lubriderm trick a try this weekend. I'll do before and after shots.

My most elderly Tano is my Voodoo from F'05. And :love: she's in divine condition:

29nhrhg.jpg