Tanos Over Time...

lol Kings! I apple my babies in the shower... and actually I have to do that today and I'm going to take pics (don't worry, I'm not in the shower with them! LOL!) but it will get a giggle I'm sure!

I put some on Connie this morning and must say that this stuff does work. Connie had these rough "prickly" patches on her (probably from me trying to rub of the film that the saddle soap had left) and these are much smoother now. I will probably spray her in a couple of days to give her an extra shine.

Does anyone have any more comparison pics of their Tanos as they age, a la LadyLinda's "Minilisa at one month" thread? I've read descriptions of the crunch becoming aged & distressed and I'd love to see more of how Tanos age!

Here is "Dani", dandelion sexbomb bought at the MHB June sale that benefitted Myanmar victims. She has been a great everyday bag. There is some wear at the corners but nothing really that noticeable. I've sprayed her and she just got a lubriderm rub-down (she's due for another spray but I've run out). She has gotten slouchy and soooo buttery soft over the summer! Pics 1&2 are from today. Pics 3&4 are fresh out of the box.

Attachments

• danisexbomb.jpg
    danisexbomb.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 58
  • danisexbomb2.jpg
    danisexbomb2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 46
  • danisexbomb3.jpg
    danisexbomb3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 47
  • danisexbomb4.jpg
    danisexbomb4.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 54
How does the color last on these - especially the reds? I ask because they look so bright and saturated with color and that's what attracted me to them. I saw a used orange bag at a consignment store that had a lot of fading (not abrasions) on places where you'd touch the bag top edges, around pockets, bottom corners. I have no idea how the bags was used or cared for but it did make me wonder if normal use would cause the color to fade in a couple of years for those chades

With use, the crunch leather softens, and both the shine and color fades. You can do things to prevent that- or at least slow it down- like lexol treatments and repellent sprays, etc... but its the nature of crunch leather to get a vintage, distressed look when it breaks in.

I've had my Immeasurable for only 3 weeks or so and it was already showing signs of wear. I went at lunch to purchase lubriderm and it worked like a charm. My bag looks brand new:yahoo:
Plus I have soft hands :happydance: