Tano Newbie With A Question

pinkhelen1

Nov 12, 2010
I had heard of Tanos bags, but had never taken the splunge. I now own a marine blue MiniLisa from MHB.

Also, in lurking this forum for info, I saw that people were finding Tanos at TJ Maxx. I am now the proud owner of an unidentified off white bag that I found for $99 there. I saw it yesterday, slept on it, went back today & it was there, so it was meant to be mine.

My question is how do I keep the off-white leather clean and do I have to worry about color transfer from other items like clothes. I would describe my off-white leather bag as more of a pebble leather compared to the "lux" leather of my Minilisa.

I am just loving these Tano bags. I was into Tignanello, but I couldn't take those middle divided zip pockets anymore. I also dabbled in Vera Bradley, but I would get overwhelmed by the patterns. Plus, I think they often clash with my outfits.

TIA! ;)

Welcome to the madness!

With ANY white leather bag (not just Tano) you do need to beware of color transfer. White is more likely to get dirty and lighter colors often fade more easily with use. The best way to keep a white bag clean is to not use it everyday. Spray it when its new, alternate it often with your other bags, avoid spills/bad weather, and avoid dark garments that may transfer (ie dark denim, suede, other leathers, tye dyes, etc). Also condition often as needed when it gets a bit dry.

Good luck!

Welcome to the addiction!!

I have yet to wear a white or light color Tano...although I have a Marshmallow Minilisa I need to break out sometime...but I do plan to spray it with Apple Guard rain and stain protectant...

I have a BE pebbled cream bag I did NOT spray and I wore a dress (which had been worn and washed before) and I got color transfer...and it is still not clean...while others told me they were able to clean their bag of the same leather because they HAD sprayed it...

So I am going to try that, as well as just being a wee bit more careful...and cross my fingers it works!

I would love to see a picture of you find...and the minilisa!!