tano mona lethal or homemade celebrity for stay at home mom

bosworth

Mar 17, 2008
Hi all-
Has anyone seen both of these bags? Any opinions as to how they compare? I'm looking for a messenger style bag that can be used as a purse and/or small diaper bag. my 16 month old doesn't require a ton in a diaper bag these days--usually just a diaper, wipes, snack cup, and maybe a book or toy. I don't want something that's too big, but I don't want it to be too small either. Any moms out there use either of these bags?? I would appreciate any comments or feedback you have. Thanks so much!!

Jul 21, 2006
Don't know much about babies and what you need to carry around, but I do know a little about Tano, and Tano would get my vote. you could check out www.musthavebag.com Tano Expert (Alexandra) is a member of this forum, and she's great. Don't know anything about the celebrity bag, so I can't comment on that. But, good luck!!

AAA07

True Gemini
Feb 29, 2008
Well I am a stay at home mama. I have a two and one yr old. I have a cute Timi & Leslie diaper bag for their stuff. As you know they need less and less as they get older - and soon they won't need a bag at all. So I don't like to spend too much on diaper bag and put the $$$ towards bags for me - classics that'll be around for a while. Now I don't have the bags mentioned but between the styles - Tano!!

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
I don't have any experience with 'celebrity' (don't know this brand) but I do have a Tano bag and highly recommend them! The Mona Lethal is a great looking bag. Alexandria from musthavebag.com is a busy Mom of 3 and I know she likes cross-body bags, if you give her an email buzz I'm sure she'd be willing to help you out with recs as Tano has a pretty nice variety to choose from.

Linda

kmh1190

Purse crazed
O.G.
Feb 23, 2008
They should move this to the Tano subforum...

Look at musthavebag, thatsourbag or lunaboston for Tano. I personally will only buy from musthavebag because I know that Tano Expert is an active member of this forum. Alexandra takes pride in her company and the product that she sells and you know she will not send you a defective bag. But ultimately it is your personal preference.
So it appears that you are looking for a cross-body, messenger type bag with outside pockets... The Homemade Celebrity is probably an older style and I only see it being offered online at the one site that has been banned from TPF (e*fashion*house/valuebags) so that immediately sways my vote to Mona Lethal. Also look at the other messenger bags currently being offered by Tano: My Photo, Maid in Form, Flap Jack and Petit Larceny. If I weren't trying to be "good" right now, I'd be sorely tempted to order a My Photo. Good luck, I hope you find your perfect Tano!

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
They should move this to the Tano subforum...

Look at musthavebag, thatsourbag or lunaboston for Tano. I personally will only buy from musthavebag because I know that Tano Expert is an active member of this forum. Alexandra takes pride in her company and the product that she sells and you know she will not send you a defective bag. But ultimately it is your personal preference.
So it appears that you are looking for a cross-body, messenger type bag with outside pockets... The Homemade Celebrity is probably an older style and I only see it being offered online at the one site that has been banned from TPF (e*fashion*house/valuebags) so that immediately sways my vote to Mona Lethal. Also look at the other messenger bags currently being offered by Tano: My Photo, Maid in Form, Flap Jack and Petit Larceny. If I weren't trying to be "good" right now, I'd be sorely tempted to order a My Photo. Good luck, I hope you find your perfect Tano!

Duh, I didn't realize that the homemade celebrity was a Tano bag as well?

And I'll second what has said above if that indeed is the store where you were thinking of purchasing your bag. They have been banned from TPF because of their time and time again poor customer service. They do not take returns - only exchanges and are known for sending out damanged bags with the explanation of...That's just how that leather is, which is a load of baloney.

Linda