Tano has gone mainstream? Now @ Piperlime.com

Ah well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I guess Tano is branching out and it won't be so Boutiquey before long. Well it
could not be our well kept secret for long. Unfortunately with more
exposure the prices will rise and I won't be too happy about that.

Well, this certainly blows hard. :hs:

I have to say though, are they "authorized"? Because Alex (MHB) is the only authorized online dealer, and as far as I know Anthropologie was able to sell them with Tano's blessing as they weren't marketed as Tano.

I'd be interested to see what TE has to say. :yes:

^^ I wouldn't be, but Tano's are just at the top of my price range as it is. :girlsigh:

Oh well, here's hoping they don't get to the point of being knocked-off!

Hopefully we have a while to go before pleather "Tanos" start hitting the market. There has to be a demand for the bags and a huge number of people unable/unwilling to afford the real thing in order for fakes to be made. I'm a little mixed about piperlime selling Tanos. I'm happy to see Tano branching out and being seen by more people but, yes if the demand for Tanos increases, prices will follow. Fortunately as prices increase, there will be more pressure on Tano to keep up with bags in it's same price point in terms of quality. Our Tano baby is starting to grow up!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWZERS! I get coupons and discounts because I have an old navy credit card and the coupons can be used on piperlime... exciting! They didn't have tano just a few weeks ago... this is crazy!

I have to agree with the mixed feelings. Piperlime is an online only store though so it's still not as though it's in stores everywhere. I hope prices stay affordable and that Tano stays true to what is working so well for them!

^^ I wouldn't be, but Tano's are just at the top of my price range as it is. :girlsigh:

Oh well, here's hoping they don't get to the point of being knocked-off!

They are for me, too, beeb! And I was at Target today and saw a few large bags that almost looked like Tano wannabes! I didn't get a good look at them though, as it was just a quick trip.

and me as well, fafnir and beeb. $200 is alot of money for me to spend on a bag. That's why the checkout coupons and sales on the websites really help. But with Tano's styles and inventory constantly changing, it's so hard to choose out one or two bags, and then you wonder if you made the right decision. Which is why the return thing is so important!

if nothing else, the range of alternate views on piperlime is fantastic. Plus, I too have a BR credit card, so this is both awesome and dangerous. oh well. it looks like i'll be having ramen noodles for dinner for the next month.