****Tano Forum update****

aklein

Dec 30, 2007
Hey ladies. I just PM'd Swanky to ask her to sticky Beeb's index to pics thread. (Shout out to BeeB for that!). So that should be happening soon.
I also asked about how we would set up a reference thread similar to what the Bal forum has for colors/styles by year, etc. She put it on Vlad's to do list. So that also should be in the works.
And last but not least, she mentioned that we need Mod for our little group. Any volunteers or suggestions? I didn't want to nominate someone that didn't want to do it.

Hopefully this goes without saying, but let's keep comments out of the reference threads. I know we are a chatty bunch, but it really will be a lot easier if we keep those threads for reference ONLY!!!!
Feel free to shout your praises to beeb and her ongoing index here though.

As far as I know, it would be a Mod just for our subforum. So that person would have the magical power to merge threads, remove any spam or otherwise unwanted posts, and break up any fights.
I think they just want someone that generally stays out of any tpf drama (not really a problem here, so I don't think that will disqualify anyone).
It really doesn't seem like it will take up too much time.
If absolutely no one else wants to do it, I can. But if anyone is really super duper set on being the Tano Mod, it is all yours.

I think it would have to be someone who is here pretty much daily without fail. Id definitely volunteer but some people might not like it since im a retailer. I might, for example, delete all posts praising LB and all criticisms of Tano bags in general and of MHB specifically. Err... not!

^^^ lol...seriously...you're really funny! I was thinking your expertise should be mined for the reference section. You are a treasure around here, imo.

Haha, yeah, I don't think you are allowed because it could be construed as a conflict of interest. Even though we all know you are always above board.
I have a few people in mind but I don't want to force anyone to volunteer.

Haha, TE! Well, there's a dangerous thing to say today! :P

When I first saw aklein's post about the Tano SF needing moderation I was wondering why, since we are a peace-loving people. Aaaand then I caught up on the forum. I have to say, I was a mite surprised.

Anyway...I'm sure all of our SF'ers would be great at it!

There's a lot of us that would be a good mod. I'd love to do it but I also would thrilled w/ any of us being the mod :P so I'll throw my hat into the ring.

^^Ok since you already mentioned it, Voo, my vote goes to you! I was going to say either you or TK but I don't know if she's up for it?? I just think the two of you (other than TE, of course) live and breathe Tano more so than the rest of us! :smile:

Voo, you tricksie girl, you! I thought since you posted in the thread already and didn't volunteer, it meant you weren't interested!

aklein, did Swanky say how it would be decided?

Maybe Swanky could hold the position for, say, a week while people think it over & volunteer, and then it could be put to a secret vote?