Tano Crunch Leather - Lubriderm Test

Voodoo

Hockeygasm
O.G.
Jul 11, 2007
I am going to see what Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion (fragrance free) does to help restore/repair crunch leather. Pic of the product is attached.

I am going to use my red Minilisa in the project. I purchased the bag off of Craigs List for less than $80. She is in excellent used condition but does have some areas of wear and some scratches.

Here's a pic of the bag (no flash):

29f9ul1.jpg

A close up of the zipper area to show the fading:

hsmc8n.jpg

A slightly damaged area...I know not the best pic:

hsmc8n.jpg

Attachments

• prd_dm_ff_lotion.jpg
    prd_dm_ff_lotion.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 733
Corner pic....general fading and normal wear:

t9zioi.jpg

And me telling Miss Minilisa that I would just do a small test area to start and to not be scared at all! I gave her a smooch to comfort her!

2gsjqec.jpg

I hope to get a chance to start my test tonight so I have the whole weekend to let results 'sit'. So more pics coming as soon as possible!!!! ;)

Oh I heard so much about this Lubriderm on the Bal forum! I can't wait to see your "after" pics!! Good luck to you and Ms. Minilisa (what a gorgeous shade of RED!!) :smile:

Okay....Lubriderm is in the house haha

And I want y'all to know.... I took that pic of me comforting my bag myself...in my cube...at work.. bahahah

Okay....Lubriderm is in the house haha

And I want y'all to know.... I took that pic of me comforting my bag myself...in my cube...at work.. bahahah

Hahah! I was wondering to myself like did she really ask someone in her office to take that? How on earth would she have explained it? Like, "umm my purse is having an emotional breakdown, could you please document it on film? thankss!" hahaha

I will let you all look at the pics so you can see how everything turned out and then I'll let you know the process I used.

Remember that this was a bag I acquired in excellent used condition. No odors or significant damage. During this process I did find some small ink spotted areas that, obviously, can't be fixed but they are in areas that are hard to notice when carrying the bag.

I unhooked the side hook and laid the corner flat to reveal these scratched areas:

1zpgxg0.jpg

And then after I treated the area with Lubriderm:

sxlpwz.jpg

The area near the top of the bag and the zipper was dry and the leather was quite veiny. It didn't look bad....and some folks may really prefer it....but I wanted to know what treating the leather with Lubriderm would do ...so here's the before:

xpvnk4.jpg

And after (neither were taken w/ the flash... and I clearly am a horrid photographer. I hope you can tell that the leather looks much less veiny and this part of the bag SUCKED the lotion in.)

iyd8cy.jpg

Wowzers!!!!! The scratches came out SO well... I'm amazed there were scratches under the unhooked part! You will definitely have to keep us posted as to how this looks as they days wear on and what not... will you have to continue using lotion on it once it gets some, etc? This is fascinating!