Tano care?

Mommyof3

Triple Treat
Mar 4, 2010
How do you ladies care for your bags? Leather conditioner? I am just starting to get leather (only Tano so far) & would like some recommendations on the proper/best care for them. TIA!

I personally use mink oil on an as needed basis. I use it only because it is real easy for me to get. Other members have mentioned use Lexol, Appleguarde and even Lubriderm. I am sure someone with more experience will chime in. I still consider myself a Tano newbie:biggrin:

Thanks! I have Saddle Soap which cleans, conditions & protects leather but I've only used it on saddles or boots so I figured there would be something more appropriate for handbags :biggrin:

Hi, and welcome to Tano. I've found a huge wealth of info by searching this subforum. If you use the "Search Forum" function when you're in the Tano subforum, and then use terms like the products mentioned above, i.e. mink oil, lubriderm, lexol, and also maybe Applegarde (sp??), you'll get all kinds of info specific to not only Tano, but many of Tano's different leathers. Different ladies have different preferences, but the threads give great info on results of different treatments, including pictures, and should be a big help to you in deciding what you'd like to use.

I'd avoid the saddle soap. I used it once and felt that it leeched the color out of the bag and gave it a waxy feel. My favorites and Zymol spray cleaner (clean), Apple Garde (protect) and mink oil (condition).