Tano bag featured in the Sunday NY Times

aklein

Dec 30, 2007
That is lame that they didn't actually name Tano. And is that bag still available?

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Thanks for posting this...I don't understand why they named all the other bag designers except Tano...that's a bummer.

KittyBag

Settling in...
Mar 28, 2006
Smaller Apple (north of NYC)
I love the way that Tano will still be a mystery brand... more for us and keeps the price in the range I like!! Plus, I like the feeling knowing that I am on the inside or "in-the-know" -- almost as good as having a super power!

kmh1190

Purse crazed
O.G.
Feb 23, 2008
Northern California/Central Valley
^^I totally agree^^. All it would take is for a couple of decent celebs to be caught by the Paparazzi carrying say a Boogie or Minilisa and then all the celeb watchers will be all over it, trying to find out what bag it is. I like that Tano isn't mainstream and yes, once a brand becomes more popular, the price tag automatically inflates (sometimes to ridiculous amounts).

fafnir

O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
Portland
^^I totally agree^^. All it would take is for a couple of decent celebs to be caught by the Paparazzi carrying say a Boogie or Minilisa and then all the celeb watchers will be all over it, trying to find out what bag it is. I like that Tano isn't mainstream and yes, once a brand becomes more popular, the price tag automatically inflates (sometimes to ridiculous amounts).
That's a big part of Tano's appeal to me as well. I actually shy away from carrying recognizable bags.
Looks like Anthropologie also has a green version of Lipstick Traces:
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro...dProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=grn

MamaToJakers

Live. Laugh. Love.
Nov 15, 2007
I agree - I love that Tano isn't as well known. I love carrying bags that not everyone else has.

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
I'm actually not surprised they don't list the brand because the Anthropologie website doesn't list that tano is the brand of the tano bags they sell. I do like having this little secret though; even though I share it with tons of people on the Handbags & Purses subforum and with people that ask about my bags lol!

musicgirl

O.G.
Sep 3, 2007
Alabama
I got my Shopper at Anthropologie and actually like it better because it's a little smaller than the regular Shopper. Tano Expert explained that they sometimes change the size some and my lining is a neutral color.