Tano at Anthro

Clutched, is yours the one they're calling "Cerulean Wave Bag"? That colour is so pretty!! I like the one called "Peanut Butter Bow Tote", but it's not Tano (I don't think). It's a bit frustrating the way Anthropologie renames bags, and the links never take you right to the bag itself - just their home page.

Yes, its the 'Cerulean Wave Bag'. Sorry my link was wonky. I just called the Anthro B&M store that's less than 10 min. from me and they do not have the bag. I also emailed MHB to see if they have any info on when it will drop. This isn't MHB's fault, and its understandable that Tano would fill a big chain like Anthro's CTO bag order first. But it is agravating that I could order w/ Anthro and have the bag in a matter of days and could possibly have to wait another couple of months for my MHB order. :hrmm:

Yes, its the 'Cerulean Wave Bag'. Sorry my link was wonky. I just called the Anthro B&M store that's less than 10 min. from me and they do not have the bag. I also emailed MHB to see if they have any info on when it will drop. This isn't MHB's fault, and its understandable that Tano would fill a big chain like Anthro's CTO bag order first. But it is agravating that I could order w/ Anthro and have the bag in a matter of days and could possibly have to wait another couple of months for my MHB order. :hrmm:

I don't think it's your link. I've yet to see any Anthro link in any thread that linked to a specific bag. They always seem to go to the home page.

I know what you mean about the frustration of waiting (is that a Libra thing too, or just us?!). My biggest fear is that I'll get distracted by some other shiny thing before the bags I want come out (already did once w/ the Sex Bomb on the way!), and my fun money will be gone. Since I've done my income tax, I don't know if/when the fun money fund will get replenished once it's gone for now.

I've been to a (fairly) local Anthropologie store, and didn't find they had much in store selection. I guess the website warehouse gets stocked 1st. I don't know what the deal is w/ them getting bags 1st, nor why Tano lets stores like them and Neimans change the names.

Oh well, take heart in knowing that you get your TanoSF discount, and a nifty blue dust bag from MHB, in return for your patience :biggrin:.

I don't think it's your link. I've yet to see any Anthro link in any thread that linked to a specific bag. They always seem to go to the home page.

I know what you mean about the frustration of waiting (is that a Libra thing too, or just us?!). My biggest fear is that I'll get distracted by some other shiny thing before the bags I want come out (already did once w/ the Sex Bomb on the way!), and my fun money will be gone. Since I've done my income tax, I don't know if/when the fun money fund will get replenished once it's gone for now.

I've been to a (fairly) local Anthropologie store, and didn't find they had much in store selection. I guess the website warehouse gets stocked 1st. I don't know what the deal is w/ them getting bags 1st, nor why Tano lets stores like them and Neimans change the names.

Oh well, take heart in knowing that you get your TanoSF discount, and a nifty blue dust bag from MHB, in return for your patience :biggrin:.

I think these are good things to hang your hat on too! I can't imagine MHB will be too much behind other stores. MHB's return policy is pretty good too, not sure how Anthro's is. At the same time I understand about wanting your bag sooner! We've all been there at some point and I am sure we will be there again!

Exactly! I have a lot of obsessions!

I heard back from MHB right away (I knew that I would!) They called Anthro, and the bag is supposed to be available for shipping on 3/17. MHB was quoted at 3/30 by Tano. And we all know that that is approximate. I'm not planning on canceling my preorder. I was wondering if it was in my local B&M store so that I could scope it out (don't know if I'll even love the bag, and I have to love it to justify keeping it). If it ends up not being right, I intend on ordering a different Tano from MHB. :graucho: Anthro has a good return policy, BTW. In December I ordered a Monserrat de Lucca bag from there that I ended up returning. I stalked my local store for weeks looking for that bag. When I finally asked a SA, I was told, 'Oh we'll never get that bag here'. S.A. is the 7th largest city in the U.S., not the middle of nowhere. :nogood: Our Anthro is a pretty good one though. I'm sure in there enough!

Wish we could get a better handle on that wave color. Its reading everything from turquoise to cornflower on my monitor. I'm hoping for turquoise myself. And love that lining color. My BMaR has that rusty colored lining: love it.

Neimans doesn't change the names of Tanos bags.

Anthro gives every item in their store a unique name that goes with their style- they never use the given vendors names.

Also, the production that Tano makes for Anthro is often made of a different leather than they make for everyone else. Therefore the color may also vary somewhat.

Neimans doesn't change the names of Tanos bags.

Anthro gives every item in their store a unique name that goes with their style- they never use the given vendors names.

Also, the production that Tano makes for Anthro is often made of a different leather than they make for everyone else. Therefore the color may also vary somewhat.

The one I was referencing was the Lady Raga. For some reason Neiman's called it "Starlet Hobo". I think I've seen others, but I'm not sure of specifics.