TangoTosca's Scarf Circus

TangoTosca

Do you speak scarf?
O.G.
Apr 18, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all ages! Step right up and enjoy TangoTosca's Circus of the Scarves!

I have been a long-time lurker and now recent poster to the Scarf of the Day thread. All the wonderful ladies over there have been so complimentary about my scarf collection, I thought I would start my own thread to display them, especially since some of these are "Grail Scarves" and others are seldom seen on the Purse Forum.

I considered making a scarf game out of it, but perhaps that will come later down the road :P

So in the same spirit as VickyB's incredible Scarf Profiles, may I present:

De Passage a Tokyo
Hermes en Voyage
Faites vos Jeux
Belles du Mexique
Beloved India
Jonques et Sampans
Hola Flamenca
Carre Kantha
Chasse en Inde
Chevaux de France
Zodiaque
Le Monde est Vast
Les Clefs
Retour a la Terre
Les Triples
Grand Apparat
Escales Mediterrannes
Fantasie Pittoresque
Concerto
Grands Fonds
Soies Volantes
Lumieres de Paris
Peuple du vent
Chasse en Inde
Passementerie
Zabavushka
Alphabet Russe
Hola Flamenca
Pelages et Camoflage
Hommage a Mozart
La Femme aux Semelles de Vent
Brides Rebelles
Tout en Carre

Kaleidoscope.JPG Part 1.JPG

Part 2.JPG Part 3.JPG

Pounds of silk.JPG

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

lovely!!!:biggrin:

Continuing, I've grouped them by color family, and displayed the smaller scarves and accessories.

In this picture:

Please Check In in aqua and black
Clan Equestre
Coaching
Printemps Ete '69

Brides de Gala twillys in hot pink and bright blue
Chaines et Gourmettes twilly
Tohu Bohu twilly

Scarf rings:

Chain d'ancre in platinum
Chain d'ancre in horn
Mors
Cosmos
Bolduc in gold platinum
Romance belt

Not pictured:
Beloved India shawl
De Passage a Moscou plisse

70s.JPG

The Lights

Light colors.JPG

The Neutrals

Browns.JPG

The Black/Whites

Black White (2).JPG

More color family shots, individual scarf profiles to begin soon!

The Blues/Greens

Blues.JPG

The Purples

Purples.JPG

The Pinks

Pinks.JPG

The Orange/Reds

Reds.JPG

The scarves that defy color categorization

Color!.JPG

Thank you HannahSophia, birkel, EmilyL, and Greentea for such an immediate response! Thanks for being here.

Which one is my favorite? I like different scarves for different reasons, and they all seem to have their own distinct personality, and which clothes they will and will not play nicely with :biggrin:

I do believe my current favorite is my black Hommage a Mozart. Like many others on this thread I love music, especially opera (see my avatar!), so the subject matter of the scarf speaks to me and the colors are just beautiful.

Don't worry, every scarf will get it's own little profile including folded, tied, and, ummm... full-frontal shots :amuse:

I will admit that some of these pictures have already appeared in the SOTD thread, but I hope you all won't mind seeing again for a second time.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose it would only be fair if we started off with my current favorite :heart:

Today's first performer is Hommage a Mozart, designed by Julie Abadie in 1991 to mark the 200th anniversary of the great composers death. After all, what's a circus without some excellent music to pep up the action??

I love this unbelievably beautiful coloway, it is much more dramatic and striking than the light blue cw more commonly seen.

I know it was only released once, but if anyone has any further information about it, such as if it was strictly a limited edition, I'd love to learn more about it.

Mozart.JPG

Attachments

• Mozart 2.JPG
    Mozart 2.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 5,766
  • Mozart folded 2.JPG
    Mozart folded 2.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 5,622
  • Mozart folded 1.JPG
    Mozart folded 1.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 5,601
Last edited: