Tammy Faye Baker dies

I watched her LK interview, and jeez. She was such a brave woman. So courageous, especially when you consider that she passed on a day after her interview...the strength she must have summoned to do so is incredible. RIP. :sad:

I remember her from The Surreal Life, and she was the sweetest person ever!

She was a great example of the concept of "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

On The Surreal Life, she didn't agree with what Ron Jeremy did, but she didn't judge him. She treated him with the same respect as everyone else.

I think everyone should follow her example.

May she rest in peace!

I couldn't have said it any better Caitlin. God bless her and her family.

I watched her LK interview, and jeez. She was such a brave woman. So courageous, especially when you consider that she passed on a day after her interview...the strength she must have summoned to do so is incredible. RIP. :sad:

Wow, that LK interview really captured a moment. Well said, chanelissy. I admire her strength, courage and neverending faith. May you now be at eternal peace, Tammy Faye.

I watched her interview on Larry King and thought she seems so sweet. She said she told he doctors she didn't want to know her prognosis. She didn't want to lose her faith and good spirits. So sad.

I could barely watch the interview. I'm glad she's no longer suffering and my heart goes out to her loved ones.

She lived really close to me before she moved to Kansas City just a short while ago. People here in Matthews just loved her.

She looked like she was really suffering...God bless her, I'm sure she's at peace now.

There's an item about it on People's website, but what bothers me is that the fact that the main item on the news page is that Lindsay Lohan is taking tango lessons to prepare for her next movie.

Tammy Faye's death isn't even a main headline! It's under the Plus: section!

People probably lists the news items in the order in which they come in.

But that brings up the question of why do people really care so much that Lindsay's tango lessons constitutes a huge news item. And that's a whole other topic.

I'm so glad she had her chance to speak her heart just before she died. Larry King was good to let her do that. Remember that her son said the cancer started in her colon and spread to her lungs - more reasons to encourage those we love (and ourselves at the right time) to get a colonoscopy. I pray she is in God's hands right now.

4K0868_sm.jpg

I was going to leave a picture of a white rose in this thread, but I would think she would have liked something a little more colorful.