Tamar Braxton

This bleaching of the skin and butt injections are plucking my nerves. When will it stop. Please. Just be who you are and except what god blessed you with.

What i find hysterical is this. My entire life growing up and going to school, girls would attack me or make fun of me of being "light skin" and having long real hair. Yet all these "dark skin" women are now bleaching their skin and wearing ten pounds of weave to obtain something they humiliated me for naturally having.

What i find hysterical is this. My entire life growing up and going to school, girls would attack me or make fun of me of being "light skin" and having long real hair. Yet all these "dark skin" women are now bleaching their skin and wearing ten pounds of weave to obtain something they humiliated me for naturally having.
It's not just dark skin women bleaching though.

....Yeah, this convo could go left...

I really do wish women could learn to be happy with what was given to them tho. I'm tired of seeing silicone behinds and over-tweaked PS faces. It's not cute.

IDK, I find something about this post quite offensive. I dont like the idea of black women labeling other black women "dark skin". I know black men do it but when I hear black women do it to each other I cringe. We are all chocolate. You are in Tamar's thread, she is on the lighter side and as you can see she bleaches so why would you say that you've only heard of "dark skin women doing it"? Asia is the largest market for bleaching creams and asian women are far from "dark skin". You don't see the point of women bleaching? I agree with you on that note but its not only the dark skinned sisters trying to look light. P.S. I apologize in advance if any part of this post sounds harsh, it wasnt intended as such. It's almost impossible to express tone or emotion when typing.

IDK, I find something about this post quite offensive. I dont like the idea of black women labeling other black women "dark skin". I know black men do it but when I hear black women do it to each other I cringe. We are all chocolate. You are in Tamar's thread, she is on the lighter side and as you can see she bleaches so why would you say that you've only heard of "dark skin women doing it"? Asia is the largest market for bleaching creams and asian women are far from "dark skin". You don't see the point of women bleaching? I agree with you on that note but its not only the dark skinned sisters trying to look light. P.S. I apologize in advance if any part of this post sounds harsh, it wasnt intended as such. It's almost impossible to express tone or emotion when typing.

I think she was being sarcastic about the dark skinned that's why it was in quotes.
I was teased all the time to about being yellow or high red , so I completely understand the point she was making.

So I guess people being teased for being too black and having short, nappy hair doesn't happen. Oh, OK. The skin tone/hair issue doesn't belong to one complexion or hair type.

ETA: Not doubting what anyone here has experienced, just pointing out what seems to be getting ignored.

Reading way to deep into my post. I was not trying to be offensive. Moving on from this subject

I think she was being sarcastic about the dark skinned that's why it was in quotes.
I was teased all the time to about being yellow or high red , so I completely understand the point she was making.

I didn't get sarcasm from it:shrugs:, especially when she followed it with her next post "Why would a light skin woman or white woman bleach her skin? I have only heard of dark skin women doing it". I made a point of the "dark skin" comment but really there were other parts of that post that were offensive as well. You know the part about those "dark skinned girls wearing 10 pounds of weave to obtain what she naturally has". I'm going to try my best to just let it die because this is a very sensitive issue for black women as a whole, much too sensitive for people to make jest out of.

I didn't get sarcasm from it:shrugs:, especially when she followed it with her next post "Why would a light skin woman or white woman bleach her skin? I have only heard of dark skin women doing it". I made a point of the "dark skin" comment but really there were other parts of that post that were offensive as well. You know the part about those "dark skinned girls wearing 10 pounds of weave to obtain what she naturally has". I'm going to try my best to just let it die because this is a very sensitive issue for black women as a whole, much too sensitive for people to make jest out of.

Let it go. Move on. Back to our regularly scheduled program.

I didn't get sarcasm from it, especially when she followed it with her next post "Why would a light skin woman or white woman bleach her skin? I have only heard of dark skin women doing it". I made a point of the "dark skin" comment but really there were other parts of that post that were offensive as well. You know the part about those "dark skinned girls wearing 10 pounds of weave to obtain what she naturally has". I'm going to try my best to just let it die because this is a very sensitive issue for black women as a whole, much too sensitive for people to make jest out of.

That's fine. But I know how sassy post so I know where she was coming from. Hey everybody has issues. Moving on.