Taller ladies: what size flap works for you?

marieski

Apr 24, 2017
I am 5'10", and I've tried various flap sizes, but I am having trouble committing to one. If you're taller as well, what size do you prefer? Any that definitely DO NOT work for you (based on height, rather than other factors)? Bonus points if you have pictures!

I am 5'10", and I've tried various flap sizes, but I am having trouble committing to one. If you're taller as well, what size do you prefer? Any that definitely DO NOT work for you (based on height, rather than other factors)? Bonus points if you have pictures!
I'm 6ft tall and athletic (but not curvy) built. I've tried the whole range of bags from jumbo to WOC and to be honest, I probably look best in jumbo. However found jumbo so heavy that i have doubts now and thinking about reselling it (brand new doh!) and buying M/L (which looked all right on me). I have also a boy and this size is great - not too big, not too small.
However, I like how WOC looks on me (sorry for no pictures), but with my height all depends on the outwear - mini/WOC need rather a blazer or no outwear, otherwise they just disappear. I've read on this forum that mini is rather "cute" and wouldn't look good on a taller lady but tried turquoise in a shop and looked nice.
My take is that you need to reflect how you're going to use the bag rather than how you look - I've made this mistake with the jumbo!

Reactions: Vidalita
Im relatively tall at just over 5'8" of slim/medium build and I have found that in regards to strap length, the reissue 226 is the best for me. Its the only chanel flap that looks good on me all three ways (crossbody, shoulder single and double chain). Medium large works well on me as a shoulder bag but some find may find it a little short. The jumbo for me is a double strap only bag... even at my height, its still long worn as a single strap and because its so big, it doesnt sot right cross body.

If youre looking for a mini bag, well that will depend on how you're going to wear it. Cross body options wise, the rect mini was definitely the best but on the shoulder i do think its a tad long. I really love the square mini actually. Its really perfect as a small shoulder bag on my body. Now the thing is, with bags its not necesarrily your height that will make a bag work or not, its really your body length. I can wear the square mini cross body and personally, I think it looks fine but most have said that the square mini chain is too short.

If you're looking for a boy bag, either the new or old medium seems to work. the old medium is better cross body though as its slightly smaller.

I'll try find pics of me wearing the bags or if I have time I'll take mod shots for ones I dont have pics of.

i'm 5'10 and very thin, no curves. i found that because of no curves most bags hang fine regardless of size. the only ones that do not look good are the mini square or small boys as a crossbody, unless you like them right near your waist. as a shoulder bag they are ok. the WOC i sold, but it had the most generous length of any chanel bag for a taller woman. the mini bags can look a bit too mini so i prefer the medium size (226) and feel i look best in that. the jumbo was too big on me when i tried it on. i have pictures posted in various threads.

Hi, I am 5' 8.5", very slender build and own the M/L and the Jumbo. I love them both on me but wear the M/L with single chain only, jumbo double. The WOC does not look good on me and the SA's all agree! I don't wear cross 20170426_134948.jpg 0327171329a_Film4 (4).jpg 0915161619b.jpg body so can't comment on mini. Here are some pic's of M/L and jumbo for your reference.

I'm 5' 8" and a slim hourglass. I think the new medium Boy looks the best on me. (Had no idea til I bought one recently so now I need more. LOL!) Second is the M/L classic flap which I tend to wear single chain. Third would be the jumbo which I wear double chain 90% of the time, single chain crossbody the other 10%.

The maxi looks too big and blocky on me. But I've still been tempted to buy a sf maxi for more space. I haven't ever wanted a mini or a reissue so I haven't tried them on.

That all being said, I find the single flap jumbo to be the only flap that is truly convenient in terms of carry space (the M/L is definitely not!) so I gravitate towards buying them.

I am 5'9" and thin build. I have a maxi that I carry the most. I wear double chain and cross body. I have large(jumbo) boy and the jumbo classic flap as well. The medium is too small for me as I prefer to carry a full size wallet and my chanel sunglasses hard case.

I can wear the jumbo Crossbody too. With little kids this is essential!

There are different sizes for different purposes, I really do not see what this has to do with how tall you are. I have a Classic flap Jumbo and a WOC and to me both are wonderful, for different purposes. I am tall and do not see why the WOC would look odd, it is smaller bag for situations like evening or site seeing when a bigger bag is less practical. Buy whatever size fits your needs the best.

There are different sizes for different purposes, I really do not see what this has to do with how tall you are. I have a Classic flap Jumbo and a WOC and to me both are wonderful, for different purposes. I am tall and do not see why the WOC would look odd, it is smaller bag for situations like evening or site seeing when a bigger bag is less practical. Buy whatever size fits your needs the best.

Height impacts how you can wear certain bags. A lot folks are of the opinion that you cannot wear a jumbo crossbody, unless you are taller. It hits below the butt on some of you have a shorter frame. And a medium/large flap looks silly crossbody on taller frames as it rides really high. Granted these are all opinions and everyone can wear their bag as they see fit.

I have a mini flap for going out because a larger would not be practical (to your point) but my understanding is this poster is asking for more of a regular carry bag?

Height impacts how you can wear certain bags. A lot folks are of the opinion that you cannot wear a jumbo crossbody, unless you are taller. It hits below the butt on some of you have a shorter frame. And a medium/large flap looks silly crossbody on taller frames as it rides really high. Granted these are all opinions and everyone can wear their bag as they see fit.

I have a mini flap for going out because a larger would not be practical (to your point) but my understanding is this poster is asking for more of a regular carry bag?
The poster is 5'10" so she can pretty much use any bag she wants, all sizes have a purpose. FYI, the medium flap was never meant to be worn cross body.

If I was not out of town I would be able to show more variety. But this is what I got. (Again, for reference I am 5'9") I don't normally post but I rely so much on this forum for info I thought I would try to help you with some info.

Medium boy:
IMG_1493578761.449240.jpg

Mini flap cross body (only way I will wear it) not sure how this compares to WOC strap length. Hits low waist on me:
IMG_1493578859.868479.jpg

Jumbo as a double strap. I ended up not buying this bag but it's all I have for pics of a jumbo on me. I have jumbo flap in different color.
IMG_1493578950.662490.jpg

Last but not least. The medium/large flap. I loved this bag so much. My local boutique only had this size so I bought the wallet to quench my desire for the silver caviar. My personal preference is maxi and jumbo flaps. I also have a large boy but have no pics of me with it. IMG_1493579153.360683.jpg

I hope that helps! [emoji173]️[emoji122]