Tall ladies who rock small flaps??

*Sai*

May 28, 2010
Hey ladies I was wondering if amongst us any of us here would consider ourselves tall and rock a small Chanel flap in particular the m/l?

The reason I ask is because I have decided to purchase a beige chair ghw flap for my birthday after much deliberation and help from tpfers. (you may have seen my thread). However one particular tpfer has brought it to my attention via her reveal that maybe I should consider an m/l. Once I mentioned I was 5ft 9 lol she didn't say much else on the matter hahah

So I was wondering if any of you ladies wear smaller flaps and If possible please post pics

TIA

Reactions: Vidalita
hi!!!

i'm around 5'7 (i think - i consider myself tall or above average) and i just recently got a m/l flap!

i say GO FOR IT!

when i was making my decision for the m/l it was a debate on either the small or the m/l and i went for the m/l simply because 1. it can fit more stuff in the long run 2. i wont be 'overstuffing' the bag thus losing its shape 3. as i wont be purchasing a flap in a long time i just went for the classic m/l size

i say go for it!

here's a picture of me rockin the m/l
hv9y12.jpg

good luck with your decision and let us know what you end up with! :graucho::graucho::graucho:

(in the end, think about it, go with what YOU want and what makes your heart flutter! because in the end you'll end up loving the bag and keeping it for a long long time and gets lots of love and uses :cloud9::winkiss:)

piglett said:
hi!!!

i'm around 5'7 (i think - i consider myself tall or above average) and i just recently got a m/l flap!

i say GO FOR IT!

when i was making my decision for the m/l it was a debate on either the small or the m/l and i went for the m/l simply because 1. it can fit more stuff in the long run 2. i wont be 'overstuffing' the bag thus losing its shape 3. as i wont be purchasing a flap in a long time i just went for the classic m/l size

i say go for it!

here's a picture of me rockin the m/l

good luck with your decision and let us know what you end up with! :graucho::graucho::graucho:

(in the end, think about it, go with what YOU want and what makes your heart flutter! because in the end you'll end up loving the bag and keeping it for a long long time and gets lots of love and uses :cloud9::winkiss:)

Wow you look gorgeous. See I have the jumbo black caviar ghw and just want a beige one but confused on size as I am quite tall but slim ( when I'm not pregnant lol). Thanks for posting your modelling shot

Wow you look gorgeous. See I have the jumbo black caviar ghw and just want a beige one but confused on size as I am quite tall but slim ( when I'm not pregnant lol). Thanks for posting your modelling shot

have you tried it out in the shop yet to see if it suits you? cause that helps alot :P

piglett said:
have you tried it out in the shop yet to see if it suits you? cause that helps alot :P

Lol no I haven't had the chance as of yet. I will do prior to buying but just wanted to see how other tall girls like you look with the medium flap

good lord.. i'm 5'3'' so i should be forbidden to even enter this thread but i recognize the OP :smooch:

Once I mentioned I was 5ft 9 lol she didn't say much else on the matter hahah

hahahahah SAI!!!!! i went to sleepppppppppppp!!!! thats why i didn't reply hahaha. I just wrote to you again on the other thread!!!
oh i should've just copied paste what i wrote. Why don't you just try them on and wear your nude louboutin while you're at it. And dress up!!

I did a search of tall actresses carrying an M/L and here's one for you:
the gorgeous Blake Lively carrying what you wanted, whilst wearing a nude louboutin. I googled her height and its somewhat between 5'8'' or 5'10''. Either way she always polish her looks with even higher heels and she rocks the Chanel M/L flap like it nobody's business! :woohoo:
blake-lively-and-christian-louboutin-bianca-slingback-platform-pumps-gallery.jpg

p.s the beige m/l is a major drool worthy colour....so gorgeous :drool::drool:

couldn't agree more :cloud9:

She really has that pink flap stuffed, no? Maybe a jumbo would have worked better for her. : )

I'm a slender 5 ft 6, and my bags are all m/l. It's hard to fit all my key belongings in the m/l but every time I try on a jumbo, I feel it looks oversized on my frame, and less elegant.

good lord.. i'm 5'3'' so i should be forbidden to even enter this thread but i recognize the OP :smooch:

hahahahah SAI!!!!! i went to sleepppppppppppp!!!! thats why i didn't reply hahaha. I just wrote to you again on the other thread!!!
oh i should've just copied paste what i wrote. Why don't you just try them on and wear your nude louboutin while you're at it. And dress up!!

the gorgeous Blake Lively carrying what you wanted, whilst wearing a nude louboutin. I googled her height and its somewhat between 5'8'' or 5'10''. Either way she always polish her looks with even higher heels and she rocks the Chanel M/L flap like it nobody's business! :woohoo:
blake-lively-and-christian-louboutin-bianca-slingback-platform-pumps-gallery.jpg

OMG OMG OMG i love blake lively and she rocks with anything really :graucho: and i believe you could too sai! ;)

but yes defintely do try on the bag....i'm sure it will suit you fine :P is the bag more for evenings or daytime use?

(ive used mine for daytime so far...cant wait to bring her out at night! :lol:)

sweetpeas889 said:

Loool hahaha and there I was thinking you had abandoned lanky old me. Ooh aside from it being overstuffed she rocks it well. Hmmm I'm loving the idea more and more now. I plan to use it for day and night. Will it fit keys phone and Chanel compact?

Loool hahaha and there I was thinking you had abandoned lanky old me. Ooh aside from it being overstuffed she rocks it well. Hmmm I'm loving the idea more and more now. I plan to use it for day and night. Will it fit keys phone and Chanel compact?

yes it will sweetie. the bag fits a lot of things. I can even fit in the timeless woc in the m/l flap. My everyday wallet is a LV sarah, and it fits in there too, my keys, blackberry.. all good :graucho:

I am 5'7'" and the M/L is my favorite size! You can also opt for the Reissue 226 which is comparable but slightly bigger. My WOC's look decent on me as well. I think you should just get what you really want. All depends on how you present it :smile:

I am 5"9, well was, I have lost about a 1/2 inch with age, lol, but I carry a beige mini flap and I think it looks great!!! I was just talking to a TPFer about a m/l myself. GO GOT IT GIRL!!!!

The M/L looks so gorgeous on Blake with those nude sling backs!! You could absolutely rock the small flap doll. But, I think you should also see some pretty mod shots of the Jumbo before making your decision. I was going through the same dilemma when getting my beige claire, but ultimately chose the Jumbo after comparing mod shots. I also thought I would get more use out of it during the day. I still love the M/L too though and think it would be a beautiful evening purse. It would also be nice for your collection since you already have a Jumbo. Here are a few photos of the Jumbo from a blog I found.

Attachments

• 6176205593_16db3032f7_o.jpg
    6176205593_16db3032f7_o.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 1,720
  • 6176733894_6ac05d63d7_o.jpg
    6176733894_6ac05d63d7_o.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 1,758
  • DSC_0504.jpg
    DSC_0504.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,670
  • DSC_0445.jpg
    DSC_0445.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,687
  • DSC_0086-1.jpg
    DSC_0086-1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,757
Here are some of Lauren Conrad and a M/L.

Attachments

• Lauren+Conrad+Evening+Bags+Leather+Purse+nnL9r91FgjBl.jpg
    Lauren+Conrad+Evening+Bags+Leather+Purse+nnL9r91FgjBl.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,065
  • 20110107151559c4a.jpg
    20110107151559c4a.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,732
  • laurenconradweeklyhotho-1.jpg
    laurenconradweeklyhotho-1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,700
  • lauren-conrad-chanel-255-bag.jpg
    lauren-conrad-chanel-255-bag.jpg