Tall Girl / Short Guy?

I'm 5'8-5'9, and my DH is 6'1, so wearing heels is not a problem, even if I wear 4" heels. The shortest man that I have ever dated was just under 5'8", and he was extremely self-conscious about his height compared to mine. I prefer dating men who are taller than me, but if I were single, and Gael Garcia Bernal, who is 5'7", asked me on a date, I wouldn't hesitate to say, "yes, Gael, yes yes yes"!

On another note, my DH won't watch any film with Gael in it. Hmm...I wonder why?

I am super short so not an issue plus DH is over 6 foot.

but I don't see the big deal. if he is cool with it (and that is the main point) just fine, I would wear heels.

lol I know it sounds terrible, but I've just never been attracted to short guys (probably because I'm barely 5'4 myself). I like tall (near 6feet), lanky guys. Not super tall ones though! I've found that most of they guys that I have dated have been between 5'10-6'3.

Not sure what SO is *exactly* but I can wear my highest of heels AND platforms (6 inches being the highest) and I'm still not level with him.

i always liked really tall guys. i'm right under 5'6 and all but one of my previous guys has been 6'-6'5.

like i said, all but one. the one was 5'5', and i've never fit with someone, physically, better in my entire life. he was more pleasant to kiss, cuddle with, and *ahem* have sex with than anyone else, because of his size. we just *fit* better. not only had my previous guys been tall, but they had also been big, rough guys. football player types. the short one weighed less than i do, and admittedly can't put on weight to save his life.

we're still quite good friends (basically best friends), and i've never told him any of this, although i've tried. he'd never believe me, he's VERY self-conscious about his height. he'd just tell me that i was saying that to make him feel better. i could never wear heels with him (i hate heels anyway, so not a problem for me), it would drive him crazy. i think it would make him look good to others if he was with a taller girl, he thinks it would make people judge him. oh well.

i thought i might have an issue with it initially, but now i'd love to date another guy the same height and body type. honestly, i'd love to date that guy again...

I'm 6'2" and my husband is 5'10". Given how tall I am, I've only dated a couple of guys who were taller than me. It's a non-issue to us. I still wear heels (try to stay under 3"). It's something I have no control over, so I try not to be self-conscious about it.

My DH claims to be 5' 8 1/2" (why do men always add that 1/2 inch? it's weird) but I am taller than him when I wear heels, so...

I used to date a guy who was only 5' 4". It didn't bother me.

That was always a non-negotiable for me while dating. Short guys always hit on me though...I think they subconsciously want their offspring to be taller and not have to go through what they did as a short guy. I never had a problem meeting tall men though and I was a dating machine. Most of my boyfriends were between 6'2 and 6'9 is the tallest I've dated. 6'3 to 6'6 was my preference. Needless to say many of these guys turned out to be athletes or guys who used to be athletes. I'm a 6ft amazon (6'2 to 6'4 in my typical shoes). I couldn't get over the height difference no matter how great the guy was and I passed on some great ones with no regrets including a doctor who was 5'10" and super handsome and one of the sweetest/thoughtful guys I'd ever met. It is an attraction issue for me and I am just not attracted to a guy shorter than me, I'm not turned on by them and I am overly conscious of the size diff and I feel awkward when we are together, when we hug, etc. I truly tried to make it work with some special shorter guys but I just couldnt get into it...it didn't feel natural. I always ended up breaking their heart by letting it go on so long while I tried to make myself fall for them....when I already knew from day one how I felt. It is a turn on to me and makes me feel more feminine to be overpowered by a guys stature just as for some guys that is their attraction to super petite women so they can feel ultra masculine. I rarely ever feel small and little around anyone...so it is nice to feel that way. I already outearn most guys which already was the cause of many dating problems...I can't overpower them physically also...it is just too much. Fortunately I found my handsome 6'5 265 former college football player beau in 2004. Beyond just the height he is everything else I ever wanted in a guy (well minus the fact that he will never have a high income doing social work...but if I had to choose...I'd pick chemistry/moderate income vs. no chemistry/high income anyday). It may have taken me until 33 to find him but I'm glad I waited and didn't settle for one of the 'nice enough and would be a good provider and father short guys' I met in my dating adventures that I had zero chemistry with.

I'm 6', and I've never dated a girl taller than I. However, I've dated a girl who was 5'11" and of course when she'd wear heels, she'd be a bit taller. I didn't care too much. The current girl is around 5'9" so when she's in heels she's right about my height, maybe a tad under. Which is good, cause I love when she wears heels.
My cousin is 5'8" and he's had his share of discrimination due to that. I mean, on one hand you do have your preferences, but on the other, I'd like to think you could overcome something like height (mainly cause the person can't control how tall they are).

You can't control who you have natural chemistry with just as you can't control your height.

I disagree to an extent. Yes, initially, you might not feel that spark due to a physical trait, but once you get to know the person, the spark can develop for other reasons. I've dated girls that I typically wouldn't date, but I just went with it cause after I talked with them for a bit, there was something there..something that caused me to overlook the fact that she wasn't as pretty or tall or short or whatever as the usual girls I'd date.