tall boots that are too tall

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi all,
    i recently bought a pair of beautiful knee high boots from steve madden. the only problem is that shaft is about an inch or so too long. any recommendations as to what i can do about this? can i take them to a shoe repair shop or a tailor to shorten the shaft? thx!

2. You can definitely take them to a cobbler. I had boots a few years ago that were too wide around my calf and he brought them in a little so I'm sure you can find a good cobbler to shorten yours. Good luck!

3. thanks! how much does it usually cost?

4. I'd say between 50-100$ around here in Canada.
    If your going to a good cobbler, he'll charge you more.

but this probably depends on how much you paid for the shoes overall... if they were 200$ or less, spending 100$ to alter them probably isn't worth it....

5. This was a few years ago but mine cost $30 (I'm in California, btw). He did a great job and he's right down the street from me so I'm happy that I didn't spend too much. If/when you get it done, just be sure to bring it to someone you trust to do a good job. If you don't already have a cobbler, ask around to find out who people in your area think is good.

6. just an update...i took my boots to a shoe repair shop close to my apt. (i live in manhattan) to shorten the shaft of my boots. i only cost $25! i was very happy with the job and think it's a small price to pay for boots that fit well. yay! :smile:

7. Were those boots with zipper or pull on?

8. Can you tell me the name of the place that you brought them to? I would like to get a pair of boots I got shorten or taken in. Did yours have a zipper? Thanks!

9. I am also wondering where in NYC did you take the boots? I just received a gorgeous pair as a gift but at 5'3, they are much too tall. I appreciate your response!

10. Any chance on folding over?