Tall boots in summer?

I have never been afraid to wear boots out at night in the summer. If I am wearing a really short skirt or something, I like to cover up the bottom of my leg. I can't explain it but the extra coverage makes me feel more covered and less self-conscious about showing my upper leg. I also think that Cameron Diaz's Loeffler Randall boots look really cute when she wears them bumming around with shorts.

I generally would say no but it still feels like winter in Seattle most of the time so I think you could get away with it. I saw someone last week downtown with knee high boots. Once the weather warms up I would put them away.

I love boots. Most of mine are polyurethane so they're unbearable in hot weather, but my suede moccasin boots are good. Leather and suede breathe so they're actually really bearable in the summer and your feet won't stink.

I have really nasty feet [crooked toes, an evil twin toenail on my little toe, very veiny, etc] and I do NOT want to put them on display usually.

Would you think of wearing your black tall knee-high pointy-toed boots w/ 3" heels in the summer? (Think classic sleek Charles David boots). We all have a similar pair, but I have never really thought about wearing boots in the summer, since I am usually more interested in showing off my toes.

Last evening while on a Thursday night gallery walk, I saw a couple of girls wearing short shift dresses with boots. One even was wearing suede boots, no less. I have to admit that they both looked adorable.

Your thoughts? Yay or nay? Would you do it?
Yes, definitely! (if it's not too hot out) I started a similar thread in The Wardrobe and most of the girls voted yes...BUT only if the boots are paired with floaty, light, short dresses. Oh, and it'd work better if the boots are a lighter color, i.e. camel. I think it's a very fun, hip look!

Wore my knee high brown boots to the office today...
(It doesn't feel quite like summertime here in the UK at the mo lol)

Attachments

• Xmas Boots 002a.jpg
    Xmas Boots 002a.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 261
I wouldn't unless it's rather chilly, like below 60 degrees. I live in MN, so I like to wear my sandals as much as I can for the few months where it's not cold or rainy. I generally don't bring out the boots until mid-Sept, and wear them until mid-April, or whenever the snow is mostly gone

I guess it depends on where you live. I wouldn't think there's anything wrong with wearing them in say the Icelandic summer but I'm sure Icelandic people would much rather make the best of what they have and wear sandals.

Here in South Florida, no. You'd be nuts to wear them.

I only wear boots in summer when it rains (like yesterday). And they were tan coloured. I never wear boots when it's hot and sunny; I always wear some pretty sandals or flip-flops then. :yes:

I didn't actually wear them again today, tho I should have!
(It was cool and Very wet...)

No, I just wanted to post again to see if my avatar pic comes up.
Soz. I'm new! lol

PS There's Still no pic...
What am I doin' WRONG !!! :sad:

Last edited: