Tall boots in summer?

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Would you think of wearing your black tall knee-high pointy-toed boots w/ 3" heels in the summer? (Think classic sleek Charles David boots). We all have a similar pair, but I have never really thought about wearing boots in the summer, since I am usually more interested in showing off my toes.

Last evening while on a Thursday night gallery walk, I saw a couple of girls wearing short shift dresses with boots. One even was wearing suede boots, no less. I have to admit that they both looked adorable.

Your thoughts? Yay or nay? Would you do it?

2. I say no...Sorry...There are so many fabulous sandals out there:girlsigh:.Why not let the boots for the winter?

3. haha funny you ask this, because just last night i was trying to hunt down a pair of knee high boots. i never even thought of wearing knee high boots in the summer, but last night i realized it's just a really sexy but not in a i'm-trying-hard kind of look. why not include them in the rotation of shoes like sandals and wedges meant for summer? what looks good looks good regardless of season, imo.

4. I say yes. Its a mod look with like the shift and baby doll dresses out now. I wouldn't wear them in 90 degrees though. Your feet will sweat.

5. it really depends on the weather, if its less than 70 then for sure I would put on my tall boots with a cute dress or skirt. I love tall boots and can't get enough of them.

6. I say no for boots in the summer unless its less than 50 degrees. Its just like wearing a heavy coat & gloves in the winter...u cant wait to get them off....same goes for the boots. I guess it depends where u live. I live in NJ/NY and by the time it gets warm I never want to see my boots again! lol

7. I have cream boots and have been wearing them with my dresses, yes they are knee high. I get lots of compliments. I will not wear them above 75-80 degree weather because they are hot and uncomfortable.

We've had a few cold days this week but that will end soon. When Sept rolls around and it gets a little brisk, out they'll come.

BTW cowboys wear boots all year round.:idea:

8. It depends on your location. Here in San Francisco, ladies wear boots all year round because it's still windy here during the summer.

9. Have you smelled their feet?:sweatdrop:

10. There is no way in hell i would wear knee high boots during summer here in Sydney, even at night it can get way too hot. But it really depends on what the weather/temperature is like, if it were cold then i would definitely consider wearing boots regardless of whether it's Winter or Summer

11. OMGOsh, LOL NOOOOOOOO!:P

12. :roflmfao:I know I wouldn't want to...

13. I was thinking of this exact thing the other day! I think during the day light colored boots especially white would work. I don't think i would wear black boots in the summertime.

14. It's going to be mid-50s and raining here tomorrow. I plan on wearing my camel boots!

15. not black boots - maybe camel or brown boots if it was a slightly chilly day, but anything over 75 degrees - sandals all the way!