tall boot shaft stretcher

If your in NY go to Jimmys or Angelos to get them stretched, ive had all my Prada boots stretched and you just need to make sure the cobbler you go to knows what hes doing. If you go to Jimmys make sure you actually speak to Jimmy. Should take one or two days and i think i pay something like $20 for each pair.

Can either of these places take boots in too? Mine are huge on me and no cobbler I've been to has the equipment to do it. Thanks.

where did you get one of these and how much did it stretch them? I have some Gucci tall boots screaming for another 3/4 to full inch.

I bought it online. It's an aluminum piece and it's pretty heavy. It cost about $140. It can stretch the instep & the shaft. I did about an 3/4in. on the shaft and 1/2inch on the instep. It can stretch it a lot more than that. I would suggest stretching it a little big first and than gradually stretching it more and more so that the leather does not get damaged.

I've had several boots stretched at a cobbler with no problems. They can do several cm's. It should take up to a week to do the process so it doesn't ruin the leather or break the zipper. They have to do it slowly.
Once its done, you don't have to do it again.

I bought it online. It's an aluminum piece and it's pretty heavy. It cost about $140. It can stretch the instep & the shaft. I did about an 3/4in. on the shaft and 1/2inch on the instep. It can stretch it a lot more than that. I would suggest stretching it a little big first and than gradually stretching it more and more so that the leather does not get damaged.
Where online??? I have big calves & it keeps me from getting some boots I love!

I bought boots at Stuart Weitzman and they stretched them for me. It takes a couple of days. You can also have a cobbler do it. Apparently there are home stretchers, but I don't have any experience with those.

Hello!

I am in the footwear business and have the same problem. I spoke with one of our QA experts and he told me that if you wet the inside shaft of the boot (where it is tight- this will only work if the boot is not lined... The water must touch the back side of the leather), put on a pair of jeans that you want to wear underneath them (or by themself, whichever you prefer), and wear them for a couple of hours, it should give you a little bit of stretch. I'm going to try tonight! Good luck!