Food Talking about wine

A few years ago if you asked me, “would you like red wine or white?” I would go for white just because I knew nothing of red. After many wines gifted/tastings, I can say my favs:
recent
F0014222-93D8-499A-B5B5-4F52BDC13C0E.jpeg
A3526A38-1469-43E3-8773-9CC000CE7EBD.jpeg
^prob up there top ten for me.

I’ve even had the chance for opus but I’m not impressed. I guess that’s the wine noob of me showing?
47221589-94BE-4DF9-AE27-457E53FFCDC5.jpeg

Zinfandel is a fine grape variety. :smile:

"Opus One" is just a name of a winery.

I choose my wine according to the grape variety - not according to some names like "BARON PHILIPPE DE ROTHSCHILD". :smile:
Oh I have no idea lol. I was not really into red wine but a wine snob (whose also more about the grape then the name/price) told me it’s just because I haven’t had a good red wine and I’ve come to see his wisdom.

And so since, I’ve been more open to reds. I appreciate you telling me about rothschild, I’ll have to be on the lookout.

I’m still not huge on red wines (more of a mixed cocktail girl myself) but I’ve since come to appreciate (especially when paired correctly) reds with a fine meal. I absolutely loved portrait with steak B grilled for me (:.

Reactions: Traminer
I would go for white just because I knew nothing of red.
Red grape varieties that I like:
Zinfandel
Merlot
Pinot Noir - in German: Spätburgunder
Tempranillo
Pinotage
Carménère
and some others

The two white grape varieties that I like best are: Traminer and Gewürztraminer :smile:

When I buy wine I first have a look whether the grape variety is mentioned on the label.
If the producers are too lazy or too snobbish or just too plain stupid to tell me the grape variety, then I suspect that they are also lazy or snobbish or just plain stupid in other respects - and I do not buy their wine. :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kevinaxx
@ blends

I remember the time, when French wines were usually blends, and with no information about the grape varieties on the label.
The French thought: Grape varieties is something only wine growers might be interested in, but not the consumer.

But in recent years I see that French wines now often mention the grape varieties on their labels.