talk to me of the downtown

Feb 8, 2007
i saw the downtown for the first time today at niemans...black patent leather, small version i think...i'm trying to decide between that and a prada...the downtown doesn't fit over my shoulder...it's really fun looking and i love the spaciousness...is this a trendy bag or a classic? would love any help!!!
THANKS!!!!

I think when it first came out, it might have been considered a trendy bag, I think mainly because of it's funky aesthetic. But now, I think it's transcended the 'it' bag label, and has become a classic, and one that YSL will continue to keep in its repertoire. I mean really, it's just a funky take on a traditional tote. And, I have two of them, so I'm a little biased.

But really, you should get one! We need more life in the YSL sub-forum! There are too many Prada fans already!

I have the small black patent downtown and it fits comfortably on my shoulder. I'm not sure about your frame but I'm petite...it's comfy and it stays on for the most part. If I'm moving around a lot (picking up my DS) then one of the straps falls off. It doesn't bother me though. I love the versatility of this bag, yes funky but so chic!!! I wear it with preppy clothes, casual clothes, and more dressed up and it works just fine!