Talk to me about the classic duffle

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am thinking of getting this with my PCE. I love the look of this bag. Anyone that has one, is it difficult to get stuff in and out? I wish this bag had some interior pockets. I do know that with this size, I can put the sunnies in their case easily.

Attached Files:

2. I have a vintage one that I bought at Savers in mint condition. I love the bag and its boho look. When I had to take my husband to a medical procedure I was able to fit my ipad, book, and knitting project in it along with my wallet, sunglasses, etc. I do find it hard to touch the bottom of the bag when it is on my shoulder, though.

3. I have a question about the round bottom- because I too have considered this duffle. Is it weird with that rounded bottom when you wear it against the body?

4. I think when they redesigned the duffle for the Legacy line a few years ago (19889 and 19893), they did a good job of improving it. The thing I don't like about the classic is that rounded bottom - I don't think it hugs the body like the redesigned version. It is a great looking bag, though.

5. For me it is a giant black hole. The lack of pockets means that everything will fall to the bottom. That round bottom makes it stick out from your body. It doesn't slouch very much. I much prefer the newer Legacy duffles.

6. I have this bag. I like that it is very light weight and British tan is a great color. It can be a big black hole but I always my things in wristlets and cosmetic cases. I wish that it was just a bit longer to wear it better cross body.

7. I tried this bag on at Nordstrom once and I loved the way it looked on my shoulder. Then I read the reviews on Coach.com and decided against it. My biggest concern was the quality/thickness of the leather and the price.

I didn't think it stuck out too much from my side. I preferred it to the legacy duffle because it seemed to stick out less, but it may have been unstuffed when I tried it on, whereas I never unstuffed the legacy duffle when I tried it on - I just saw corners sticking out on the legacy duffle and I didn't care for that on me, plus the size of the legacy duffle was not right on me, but for some reason this bigger round-bottom duffle looked narrower on me.

8. Thanks for the response. I ended up going with a legacy duffle in cognac on ebay. I really love the look of the classic but think the legacy one will work better for me due to the pockets.