Talk to me about Lizard

Lizard is not that fragile at all....in fact it is quite tough. Any leather will crack and/or peel over time in not cared for properly.
Bright colors have a tendency to fade if exposed to light for a long time but otherwise lizard is a wonderful leather and resists scratching. I'm a big fan of it.

Lizard is not that fragile at all....in fact it is quite tough. Any leather will crack and/or peel over time in not cared for properly.
Bright colors have a tendency to fade if exposed to light for a long time but otherwise lizard is a wonderful leather and resists scratching. I'm a big fan of it.

LZ: Thanks so much for giving your input. It is so nice to have an expert view :smile:

*now* I really need to hunt some lizards down ;)

2765_r.jpg

From LZ,, look at that bag! :heart: It is over 40 years old. I hope I look as good at 40 :kiss:

my lizard vermillion birkin (thanks for the compliments everyone) is about 2 yrs. old now and i don't have any problems with peeling or anything! i love the lizard skin because of it's subtle sheen that can either be formal or casual. it also absorbs color wonderfully! i love vert anis, fuschia, vermillion, ficelle and blanc in lizard - they're just rich in color! they do matted lizard as well in dark colors like black and chocolate! yummy too!

my lizard vermillion birkin (thanks for the compliments everyone) is about 2 yrs. old now and i don't have any problems with peeling or anything! i love the lizard skin because of it's subtle sheen that can either be formal or casual. it also absorbs color wonderfully! i love vert anis, fuschia, vermillion, ficelle and blanc in lizard - they're just rich in color! they do matted lizard as well in dark colors like black and chocolate! yummy too!

Patz, I am dying for a Fuschia Lizard or Chocolate Lizard! They look so --> :drool: :drool: :drool:

Maybe a JPG Kelly ;)

I needed some help to decipher the lizards colors..
These are TDF!! :drool: :drool:

Lizard Birkin 25 - is the color Lilac?

20061223161132.jpg

Same specs as above - color : cream?
20070315201103.jpg

same specs as above - color : white?
20070314153801.jpg

Soure: Mika's blog

The Hermes lizard bags have resurrected! Since I dont have rights to start a thread in the clubhouse, I’m starting one here.

Please post your vintage or new Hermes Lizard bags (only).

I was pretty “satisfied” with my small collection of 14 Hermes bags (+1 pending SO), but the urge to spend, spend, spend is back to bait a lizard B/K/C!

Thanks for indulging me with yours while I wait for mine!

Last edited: