Talk to me about light colored bags!

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello Chanel lovers!

I am always fascinated by the lightly colored bags (light beige, pink, grey) and always admire those who purchase them and use them and enjoy them!

I think light colors show the beautiful details and are very refreshing and simply stunning!

I do own a few beige/gold Chanel bags but looking to purchase a stunning bag I’ve always admired (will reveal) but just need/hope to hear from those who do enjoy their bags, what is the process of doing so lol how do you do it fearlessly???

Do you use it only occasionally with extreme care?
Do you use it normally (with regular care) and find they actually hold up well?
Do you just use it and even if they show wear and tear you just enjoy them more?

I guess I just want to start a discussion to see what everyone else thinks!

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Namwan-
i dont fancy black bags personally and love light colours especially but i fall under the category of wearing them "occasionally with extreme care", and thats ok for me since i have a variety to switch out of anyway. i do have a few black chanels and for those i do use them normally unless they've got special embellishment or printing on them.

generally since i spend quite a bit on these bags, i would wanna try my best to preserve their beauty for the long haul.

Reactions: XCCX
For some reason I have had bad experiences with light colored chanel bags and color transfer. Its not the bag's fault but I find the chanel caviar to be very delicate with color transfer. I have other brands with lighter colors - tory burch, polene and no issues with color transfer so I dont understand the deal! Maybe the contemporary brands are coated with something? I love light colored chanel but find it far too stressful for the price tag!! I personally don't like wearing something and being worried about it at chanel prices so I only have black chanel bags.

Reactions: Namwan- and XCCX
Full disclosure I haven't had my GST in forever. I had the white caviar GST. I did have a little color transfer. But I wear denim ALL THE TIME. I think if you are worried about transfer and would be bothered by it then I would say to get another color. I didn't mind it but probably in the minority! :smile:

Full disclosure I haven't had my GST in forever. I had the white caviar GST. I did have a little color transfer. But I wear denim ALL THE TIME. I think if you are worried about transfer and would be bothered by it then I would say to get another color. I didn't mind it but probably in the minority! :smile:

I am not worried about transfer at all since I’ll be wearing it with light colored clothes.. it’s just dirt that I’m worried about ..

Reactions: Namwan-
I just got a white caviar mini flap and have sprayed it down with a waterproofing spray to prevent color transfer. Took it out once so far, and am planning to carry it whenever I have a chance. It's prettier on my arm (with a cute outfit) than it is sitting in a box, so I'm going to use it and enjoy!

I just got a white caviar mini flap and have sprayed it down with a waterproofing spray to prevent color transfer. Took it out once so far, and am planning to carry it whenever I have a chance. It's prettier on my arm (with a cute outfit) than it is sitting in a box, so I'm going to use it and enjoy!

You go!!!

I just ordered the Collonil carbon pro spray, read good reviews about it!