talk to me about j12s

bigheart

love porcupine tree
O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
hi,

if you have a j12 tell me if you think white or black is more wearable, do you like to wear it a lot, do you think it was worth it, what size is best?

just looking to hear some opinions, i have a rolex and may consider this watch next

Thanks!

vhdos

May 18, 2007
US
I don't have a J12, so I'm not speaking from experience. However, I adore Chanel and have done some research on their watches. I think that the J12 is extremely durable and cosmetically-speaking, they are gorgeous. I prefer the black J12 over the white (a close friend of mine has the white and while it's very pretty, it doesn't seem to be as versatile as the black). With all that said, there are several other watches that I would purchase before a J12. My opinion is that the J12 is a bit on the trendy side and I prefer to spend money on timepieces that are more classic.

bigheart

love porcupine tree
O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
thanks for your reply! i keep going back and forth on that myself, thinking that maybe i should stay away from the ceramic watch as it may not be as good a choice long term.

do you think i should consider a different rolex instead? maybe like an air king- a 34mm model?

i do think that the black j12s look so good on, i keep trying them on at NM

beachy10

Mar 11, 2010
Planet Earth
I have the white 38MM J12 with diamond markers and love it. However, since getting my 18K Cartier Tank, I find I don't wear it as much.
I do get compliments on it every time I wear it though. It's not as classic looking as say Cartier or Rolex but it's a fun addition if you already own a classic.

bigheart

love porcupine tree
O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
what made you pick white over black? do you think that one color is more wearable with certain clothes? did one seem to look better with certain skintones?

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
I have a white 33mm with a diamond bezel. They wear like iron, no worries about scratching. I posted a pic somewhere.

KathyB

LVoe!
O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
Tennessee
I have a white 38 with a diamond bezel. I generally wear it in the spring and summer. I have a black Michael Kors that I wear more and my Rolex. I get lots of compliments on my J12, but I'm so afraid of bumping or hitting it while at work. However, I love the way it feels on my wrist. You definitely know something is there!

beachy10

Mar 11, 2010
Planet Earth
what made you pick white over black? do you think that one color is more wearable with certain clothes? did one seem to look better with certain skintones?
I just like how the white pops. I have olive skintone so white looks nice on me. But don't get me wrong, I tried on the black and love that one too. I've never had a problem matching the white to anything I wear since I mostly wear black and white with pops of color here and there. The only thing is I probably wouldn't wear it with a coctail dress but then again I never dress up that much. I just wanted something fun for my first watch. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Ambereyes

O.G.
Jan 29, 2010
New York, NY
I have a 29 mm white with diamond markers. I tried on the black but it looked too harsh against my pale skin. Get a ton of compliments on the white - it goes with everything, even in winter. Really stands out whether wearing light or dark color clothes. Good luck in deciding.

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Marcel's
Hi.
I have a black 33 mm with diamond markers. Never wear it because I love bracelets and do not want to give up a wrist. LOL.

I got black because I think it is seasonless, the diamonds pop against black and it looks more elegant as the white is more casual. IMO. Also I have fair skin and white washed out on me.

bigheart

love porcupine tree
O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
the black 33mm with diamond markers is the one that i am considering if i decide to go with a j12 instead of another rolex, i just keep going back and forth from white to black

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I have a 33mm black with diamond markers (quartz) and a 38mm plain white (automatic) one. A few years ago I couldn't decide which to get. I was all set on buying the black and then my friends talked me into the white big one! Six months later I bought the black. I like white for spring and summer and black all year round. Although I enjoy my j12s, I do think of them as trendy and I'd recommend getting a rolex. JMO!

Nov 7, 2010
Hi big heart. just like you I had a rolex & when I was in the market to get my 2nd watch, I was considering the Cartier roadster( which I still love). But once I tried on the J12.. No other would have done..I have the 38mm white with diamond markers. I wear it with everything, all day, all colors. It still looks brand new, no scratches at all.
My poor rolex is being throughly ignored, though I tend to wear it if I am dressing formally. Hope this helps.

bigheart

love porcupine tree
O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
thanks everyone for your replies, just want to know how people who have bought these watches felt about them and how versatile they are when it comes to wearing them

still considering the black 33mm with diamond markers