• Pass

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Can wait until the sale

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

primavera99

Sep 26, 2017
Hi, can someone help a girl out?
So, I think I like the Initials Insignia Bag, shown at the bottom, which I think looks too similar to Hermes Constance. As I just saw it on the store, and I'm not familiar enough with the brand, I didn't note down any details and instead thought I will rely on the information online for more detail (dimension, review, etc), but apparently I couldn't find ANY information on it. So yeah, I'm helpless on making this decision.

Details that I could remember are :
- There are 2 sizes, small (shoulder - crossbody) and medium (shoulder carry).
- The medium sizing is comparable to Celine Small Classic Box and maybe Hermes Constance 18cm, lengthwise. So based on my approximation, CH Insignia will be 7″ W x 5″ H x 2″ D
- It is in cream-coloured grain leather. Grain details are small, so bag is flexible
- Lined with fabric
- Has ONLY ONE big compartment, so could only fit perhaps a cardholder (or small wallet), keys, and very limited essentials
- No outer compartment
- Lock mechanism is fairly ok, I can't describe it but it's not magnetic
- Medium Size comes with 2 straps, leather and fabric, which I think is a good deal?
- Price is S$ 1910, or EUR 1197.80 or USD 1392.03

I thought there might be bigger sizes for this design, but apparently not, which steers me away from purchasing. I can live with bare essentials, but I have other options for small bags.
Another concern with me is the price, as I'm not familiar with the brand, I'm not sure if it is really worth because of the leather, or if it's too overpriced here, or in general her line is actually not that affordable?
Design wise, yes I am aware of the similarity with other design, but nevertheless I think it's acceptable.

So, has anyone have any experience with Carolina Herrera bags? What do you think about the bag? Should I purchase it or should I pass? Do you happen to know any of the similar design with bigger sizes?

Really appreciate your opinion and thanks a lot :smile: !

Note : Sorry for making this a thread, but seems like a new thread for this will be noticed more than posting in CH thread, for other members.

- CH-Carolina-Herrera-bags-3.jpg AACA10AB04182_04.jpg

I missed the original post, or I would have chimed in sooner. I have two CH bags, and think it's a great brand. The problem is, her bags are not available anywhere except in her boutiques. I live no where near a shop, so when I see a new bag advertised on the web site, I try to get info. Usually the SAs have not even seen the bag at this point, so cannot give me any info. By the time I get the info, I have usually purchased some other bag and have lost interest. If I lived near a boutique I'm sure I would purchase more of this brand. If measurements and price were on line... If we could order on line... The brand seems to be in the dark ages in this regard.
I will say, when I had interest in two sizes of a bag, the SA sent both, and I sent one back and they paid to ship back. I was not obligated. Well, it's the least they could do!
The bags are stunning, and I hope to be able at some point go in a shop and try some on in person.

Reactions: primavera99
I think this is a beautiful bag! not sure why it's not more popular!! I'm thinking of getting it too but I'm in the US and don't know which store has it. Do you?
Thanks for replying! Yes I think this is too a beautiful bags, I think as @barbee mentioned above they are not advertised well, that's why they're less popular.
I'm sorry I'm not based in the US :sad: But I think you can use the store locator to see the nearest store https://store-locator.carolinaherrera.com/
If you are getting one do share more pictures! Maybe it will be easier for me to decide as well :smile:

I missed the original post, or I would have chimed in sooner. I have two CH bags, and think it's a great brand. The problem is, her bags are not available anywhere except in her boutiques. I live no where near a shop, so when I see a new bag advertised on the web site, I try to get info. Usually the SAs have not even seen the bag at this point, so cannot give me any info. By the time I get the info, I have usually purchased some other bag and have lost interest. If I lived near a boutique I'm sure I would purchase more of this brand. If measurements and price were on line... If we could order on line... The brand seems to be in the dark ages in this regard.
I will say, when I had interest in two sizes of a bag, the SA sent both, and I sent one back and they paid to ship back. I was not obligated. Well, it's the least they could do!
The bags are stunning, and I hope to be able at some point go in a shop and try some on in person.
Yes have to agree, since most of the collection were not online, people are kept in the dark and for me, going back and forth to the store is not an option as well since I am still in the 'considering' stage.
I'm still torn for the prices, and the sizes. I really wish they have 1 larger size then I will not hesitate this much. I'm not really proud to say that I have too many small bags... Do you know if they have sales at the end of the season?
Can you tell me more about your CH bags? Do they hold up well? Is the quality comparable to other higher end pieces?
Thank you! :smile:
(Not sure if you have posted in the main thread, maybe I should check there first)

Thanks for replying! Yes I think this is too a beautiful bags, I think as @barbee mentioned above they are not advertised well, that's why they're less popular.
I'm sorry I'm not based in the US :sad: But I think you can use the store locator to see the nearest store https://store-locator.carolinaherrera.com/
If you are getting one do share more pictures! Maybe it will be easier for me to decide as well :smile:

Yes have to agree, since most of the collection were not online, people are kept in the dark and for me, going back and forth to the store is not an option as well since I am still in the 'considering' stage.
I'm still torn for the prices, and the sizes. I really wish they have 1 larger size then I will not hesitate this much. I'm not really proud to say that I have too many small bags... Do you know if they have sales at the end of the season?
Can you tell me more about your CH bags? Do they hold up well? Is the quality comparable to other higher end pieces?
Thank you! :smile:
(Not sure if you have posted in the main thread, maybe I should check there first)
I checked, and the last post in the Carolina Herrera thread was back in May. It's only 7 pages, so you may get indications from comments there on the brand. My two bags are shown in the thread. One is the Baret and the other the Bimba. I do feel the quality is as good as expected. I have used the Baret quite a bit, and although it's a touch small, I love the style. The Bimba is dressier--somehow I thought I would be wearing it with jeans and a white shirt, but find I have mostly worn it to church and out to dinner. I need to change that!