Talk me into it...the STEP, that is!

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
Cmon! I just purchased one in one of my HG colors and it should arrive some time this week. :wlae:

I've combed thru the thread that nanaz started called "Let's Discuss the Step..." and though I've bumped it, I didn't get many responses.

How are your Steps holding up? Is it a hit or a miss?

Do you hate the bottom? And how stiff is the bottom exactly? Is it like the bottom of the regular bags but stiffer? What if the bottom panel breaks? What is the bottom made of? I guess I'm just so perplexed since I've never seen one IRL and Bal doesn't have a hard bottom in any other bag but this one. (right?)

Step lovers/owners: I'm gonna find one way or another to use it but I'd appreciate your thoughts on the Step now that they're broken in and you've had a chance to test them out.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Hey ReRe,

I don't know how stiff the Step's bottom is, but the Twiggy also has a stiffer bottom, it definitely has an insert. There was a thread about a girl who removed the insert from her Twiggy and it totally changed the shape. HTH!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Hi bridget! And thanks for your reply. The Twiggy's bottom has an insert but it seems to be thinner than the Steps.

I'm so curious I could faint until my bag arrives.

Hey ReRe,

I was at Saks at lunchtime and looked more closely at the Step. The bottom is definitely stiffer than the Twiggys. It gives it a far more structured look and the bottom has cute little feet : ) Very pretty bag and something different instead of a City, First, Day or Twiggy!

Hope you love her when she arrives!

I wish you well,

Bridget

I only have one - Jaune Step and I like the shape also. It fits the same as the City and the bottom doesn't bother me at all. The handles are longer than the RH City so it fits better on the shoulders.

i'm going to be lazy & reply to you in the one thread !!

to quote myself ~ *when shopping recently i saw two girls one carrying a brief (v broken in) & the other had a black step ~ it was gorrrrgeous & i was totally bowled over ~ it was pretty full & imo the bottom of it was completely lost in the smooshy, vintage looking style ~ looooved it !!*

no, i didn't mean the bottom was *smooshy* ~ what i meant was that when i saw it *in action* it was pretty full & imho you don't notice the bottom ~ maybe the fact that it was a dark color contributed to this too :shrugs: ~ anyhoo ~ i'm a fan ~ hope you will be too :tup:

Same here!
Only one: The Jaune.

I really love the discontinued PURSE style, and the STEP reminds me somewhat of the PURSE.

I like the handles being longer than the City/PT, as i am not a size 2 !

Post photos when you get it.

I only have one - Jaune Step and I like the shape also. It fits the same as the City and the bottom doesn't bother me at all. The handles are longer than the RH City so it fits better on the shoulders.

I've never had a city so I can't compare, but I used to have a step. The bottom felt like it had thin cardboard in it (not like a corrugated box cardboard, but more like a shirtbox cardboard, if that makes sense). The handles were longer and it had a wide opening with bunny ears (which I prefer over, say, the opening of the brief). I used to have a purse as well, and the step definitely holds more because of its wide bottom (the purse is essentially flat), but both have the comfy longer straps. If you normally carry the first I think the step will be perfect for you, in terms of giving you more space withotu overwhelming you. Let us know when you get it!!

You guys! I got it yesterday! :nuts:

I got a JAUNE STEP from a verrry lovely PFer just yesterday.

I am loving every minute of it. balihai's comment about it being a "shirt box cardboard" is just about right. It is thicker than the Twiggy's bottom but not nearly as rigid as I thought it looked from pictures.

Oh gawd, I'm in love. For those bal girls that also love LV too (these are the only two brand I rock), this one might be a good one for ya since it is a tiny bit more structured than our regular bags.

Keeping the suspense on for a little bit more... I'll try for some photos soon! And thank you for all the responses, its a good thing I didn't have to wait but over a night. Weee.