Talk me in/out of this bag thread

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
Basically pros/cons yay/nay of a bag you're thinking of buying. Might be a good idea to get other people's opinion on bags we are considering to buy in one thread.

I'll start.

I'm thinking of getting the Givenchy Patchwork Mini Pandora.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 12.02.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 12.02.57 PM.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 556
Reactions: insidemysoul
I love the mini. How often do you think you’ll wear this pattern before you might get tired of it?

Do you wear a lot of solid colors?
Will you reach for this instead of other black bags you have instead?
Will you love it a year from now?
Are you getting it for a reasonable price?
Can you return it if you don’t like it?

These are questions I’d ask myself. I always talk myself out of stuff lol

How often do you think you’ll wear this pattern before you might get tired of it? Not sure. This will be my first printed bag.
Do you wear a lot of solid colors? Yes. Always black, white, or black/white stripe. Sometimes, pink but seldom.
Will you reach for this instead of other black bags you have instead? Probably not as I seem to always gravitate towards my Fossil crossbody. But it looks fun for the spring/summer. I have a small goatskin Pandora that I have not used.
Will you love it a year from now? Not sure.
Are you getting it for a reasonable price? Yes, hopefully.
Can you return it if you don’t like it? No.

How often do you think you’ll wear this pattern before you might get tired of it? Not sure. This will be my first printed bag.
Do you wear a lot of solid colors? Yes. Always black, white, or black/white stripe. Sometimes, pink but seldom.
Will you reach for this instead of other black bags you have instead? Probably not as I seem to always gravitate towards my Fossil crossbody. But it looks fun for the spring/summer. I have a small goatskin Pandora that I have not used.
Will you love it a year from now? Not sure.
Are you getting it for a reasonable price? Yes, hopefully.
Can you return it if you don’t like it? No.

Why haven’t you used your small Pandora yet?
Are you sure you like this style?

If so, then it sounds like something you’ll wear. You’ll have to show us some reveals if you get it. I’d love to see some closeups. I love the Pandora. Most practical bag ever for me.

Why haven’t you used your small Pandora?

I seem to always reach for my Fossil crossbody bag. I guess also because it's in a dustbag inside my closet so I don't see it, along with my other designer bags. I also have a black Balenciaga Hip that I rarely use, and a Balenciaga Town that I haven't used. Either I'm in a hoodie with pockets containing my stuff, or using the Fossil. I think I have bags for an imaginary lifestyle, because the reality is I seldom go anywhere that warrants bringing an expensive bag. I also have a tendency to buy things because I can't forget about them, eventhough I don't really have a need for them.

But I'm imagining this to be perfect for spring/summer.

I seem to always reach for my Fossil crossbody bag. I guess also because it's in a dustbag inside my closet so I don't see it, along with my other designer bags. I also have a black Balenciaga Hip that I rarely use, and a Balenciaga Town that I haven't used. Either I'm in a hoodie with pockets containing my stuff, or using the Fossil. I think I have bags for an imaginary lifestyle, because the reality is I seldom go anywhere that warrants bringing an expensive bag. I also have a tendency to buy things because I can't forget about them, eventhough I don't really have a need for them.

I know exactly what you mean. I haven’t yet carried a Givenchy Nightingale I bought a few months ago. I too forget about it because it’s in its dustbag and I really haven’t had the occasion to wear it. My lifestyle is mostly casual. Every once in a while I’ll feel my bags inside their dust bags or look and think “oh yeah, I forgot about that one”. I’d love an Antigone in the small size but then I tell myself that I haven’t yet had the opportunity to carry the Nightingale and it’s the same style (hand/arm held).

I’m just playing devil’s advocate here: Since you haven’t used some of your other bags that are similar in style and function, do you really want to add another that you may not use?
Do you think you’d actually use this if you bought it?

If you think you’d wear and it’s a good deal it may be a keeper [emoji4]

Reactions: Antigone
I seem to always reach for my Fossil crossbody bag. I guess also because it's in a dustbag inside my closet so I don't see it, along with my other designer bags. I also have a black Balenciaga Hip that I rarely use, and a Balenciaga Town that I haven't used. Either I'm in a hoodie with pockets containing my stuff, or using the Fossil. I think I have bags for an imaginary lifestyle, because the reality is I seldom go anywhere that warrants bringing an expensive bag. I also have a tendency to buy things because I can't forget about them, even though I don't really have a need for them.

Do you buy bags for a collection, to use them or both?

Reactions: Antigone