taking longer to find the RIGHT job than I expected... *vent*

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
So, I'm a little frustrated. It is taking a lot longer to find work than I expected. I think I may have made a bad move... now looking back but at the time I thought it was my best option. So I've been out of work for a full month... going on two months. In my old company, it is all about networking and because I am in sales - I know many of my colleagues and clients can become my client in my next life. I had the two month plan where I was OK for two months without working and then I would have to start "cutting it close". I will be OK financially but I am getting so restless in what finding my next opportunity. Granted that I want to get into Media Sales and Media Buying and although I have Account Management experience and Key Account Management experience I don't have any media industry experience. I'm just getting so restless not working!!

The process has been dreadful with many of the companies that I have been working towards. The process usually includes multiple interviews (I know it's very common) but many of them are up to 3+ interviews, testing, and then offer. I went through one company where I got to the last interview stages and they decided at that time if I could get my start in a smaller media company and come back in a year or so that they can guarantee me a job. But with what I have right now, I am not a strong enough candidate. Fair enough. Now I am in the last stages of two more companies (both in media) and I've already gone through a profile test for one and just waiting for the results. I did it last week and I haven't heard anything back yet... and the other I am just waiting to do three more interviews (with the GM, VP, and a few people who would be on my team) and then we can move forward.

I guess I just need to vent because I feel like it's taking forever for the opportunities that I want but in reality there really isn't too many opportunities in this industry that I can get my start in. I have already received offers through different companies in different industries but I want to pursue the media industry and I am scared to take something "in the meantime" and not have it transferable...

*breatheeeeeE*
:cursing:

Stick with it. If it is meant to be, then it will happen for you. Good luck. My prayers that something comes through just when it is supposed to. Don't make yourself too crazy over this.

...I will be OK financially...
That is a totally HUGE blessing, and one that many, many people - especially those with dependents - would literally give a kidney to have.

I know it may not make your situation any less frustrating, but it will be helpful emotionally if you take a minute every now and then to just be thankful that after two months of job hunt, you are among the privileged and blessed who can say "I will be OK financially."

well I mean OK financially as in I have enough to scrape by and pay my bills and that's about it. I'm a working student and so although I can pay for my car payments, rent, and what not... I'm scared because I am losing time where I need to be saving for my next semesters tuition. But as frustrating as it is... I was the one who made this decision. I just didn't think the processes would take so long. I guess in this industry I have connected with everyone that I could locally. I've gotten a no from one of the largest companies, but made it very far. So I wasn't too upset about it but at the same time I was definitely bummed and not getting the position. That in itself too 4 weeks... now I'm on to the last two that I have hope for getting my start in this industry and both organizations, I've been in this process since the beginning of august. One of the companies I did their testing last week and the HR person said she would let me know next week... she said early next week. So I waited until yesterday to send the line manager a follow up email. I haven't heard anything yet. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing because if I did horrible, wouldn't they just call and say I did bad and that they'd be going with someone else?

I'm just driving myself crazy... which I know isn't going to help me but I can't help but sit and wait.