Taking deep breaths...and trying not to kill the them...

^^ I know someone whose papillon ate through the drywall from the dining room to the living room... and papillons are only about 7lbs, so that was quite a feat!

^^ LOL> reminds me of my bichon puppy's handywork!!!...who knew that bichons were wall chewers?!?!...he's my 2nd one & i had no idea until this little episode in our bathroom recently!!! :wtf::Push::P

Attachments

• 6733_130671571302_703896302_3694203_678590_n.jpg
    6733_130671571302_703896302_3694203_678590_n.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 29
I've heard that 2 is the magic age for labs (both of them are lab mixes), so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Everyone keeps telling me that Belle needs another home, but I just can't do it.

When I got home yesterday, everything in the yard was in one piece. I woke up this morning to find that they dragged a bag of soil into the yard, shredded the bag, and spread the soil around. Oh well.

When I got home yesterday, everything in the yard was in one piece. I woke up this morning to find that they dragged a bag of soil into the yard, shredded the bag, and spread the soil around. Oh well.

They are helping you garden?

Have you thought of crating them at night? We crate trained all our labs for bedtime. This keeps them safe and out of trouble when we are sleeping.

I've heard that 2 is the magic age for labs (both of them are lab mixes), so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Everyone keeps telling me that Belle needs another home, but I just can't do it.

Next time, leave out a bag of manure and let them fertilize the yard for you ;)

Another bit of advice I read, take their feces and put it in the holes before you fill them in. Apparently dogs aren't drawn to the smell of their own poop.

Next time, leave out a bag of manure and let them fertilize the yard for you ;)

Another bit of advice I read, take their feces and put it in the holes before you fill them in. Apparently dogs aren't drawn to the smell of their own poop.
I tried the feces thing a while back and it didn't work. I don't know if Belle is too smart of too stupid. I am thinking of slicing up some chile peppers and burying them in the holes to see if that scares them off.

I haven't crate trained either one, but I don't know how much that would help since they are free to roam the yard all day while DH and I are at work. Belle would probably eat through her crate anyway. I swear that dog has teeth made out of steel.

Maybe an electric fence within your fenced yard, around the trouble areas?

Here's one I saw online at PetCo, says it's good against digging:

Havahart Above Ground Electric Fence Kit
Shop All Products By Havahart

* Creates both a physical and psychological barrier for pets
* Ideal for use to keep pets in or bothersome pests out
* Electric fence provides a mild memorable correction and solves many escape problems like digging or jumping over fences
* Use around your garden or landscaping perimeters to keep small animals out
* Includes 100 feet of wire

http://www.petco.com/product/105495...381-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB& mr:referralID=NA

Kinda like a Visa commercial...the cost of electric fence - $65, the cost of peace of mind - priceless!

Maybe use it for a little while so they get the idea then remove it once they get the picture :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions! I was thinking of building a kennel for them, but we have some yard slope challenges to overcome before we can do that.

In my office, it's become the Belle and Bear show. Everyone comes by in the morning or send an email to find out what they did while I wasn't home. I got home yesterday to find that they both smelled like they got sprayed by a skunk. No idea how that happened...

Thanks for all the suggestions! I was thinking of building a kennel for them, but we have some yard slope challenges to overcome before we can do that.

In my office, it's become the Belle and Bear show. Everyone comes by in the morning or send an email to find out what they did while I wasn't home. I got home yesterday to find that they both smelled like they got sprayed by a skunk. No idea how that happened...

^^ lol, i'm sorry sweetie, but i had to laugh!!! :P...i love that, the "belle & bear show"!!!...and then on top of everything else, having them both get sprayed by a skunk (that's just too much)...i can tell these 2 furbabies are quite a handful & i'm sorry you're having so much trouble w/them...training can be so difficult sometimes (even with my 11 pound bichon)...he's very destructive & can't be left home alone outside his crate yet...i can tell how much you love your babies...and i can't help but love them too whenever i see their cute faces in your avatar...i'm sorry that i don't have much advice for you...except what others have said about keeping them crated or fenced in when you're out...hope you're able to find a way to help curb their destructive antics soon (((hugs))) :heart: