Taking care of your Speedy

It’s best to stuff your speedys. I use air paper or bubble wrap. If they are stored folded, I think it increases the likelihood of cracking in the wrinkles when they age. If your speedy has Vachetta, I put a cloth under the handles so they don’t touch the chaps, which could cause uneven patina where they touch. I take the lock off the tab for storage if it is a regular speedy, not a bandouliere, and store it inside. Of course, use a dust bag for longer storage times.

I have them folded because I don’t have much space to store them but I did it since 2010 and they are still in good condition.

Would prefer to store my bags filled if I had the space though.

Honestly I don't take care of mine at all! I usually just throw it up on the shelf in the closet without stuffing it or even making sure it's upright. I don't wipe it down with a cloth, or anything like that. And you know what? It still looks fantastic with a beautiful patina 10 years after purchase. The canvas is quite durable - try not to stress so much and enjoy the bag.

Reactions: sayakayumi
I use a rolled up bath towel in my Speedy 30 and then store it in its dust bag. I have a base shaper that I bought off Etsy. I now use toiletry pouches to keep things organized and not all over the place.

I had issues with the lock... it tarnish a lot and in my case it also tarnish the zipper and the zipper pulls.. I love the lock.. but I decided not to use it anymore in my Speedy B.

I have a samorga organizer for all my speedies... it's a real game changer! It keeps the shape of the speedy without being too rigid, and actually makes the bag functional and easy to use.

Honestly I don't take care of mine at all! I usually just throw it up on the shelf in the closet without stuffing it or even making sure it's upright. I don't wipe it down with a cloth, or anything like that. And you know what? It still looks fantastic with a beautiful patina 10 years after purchase. The canvas is quite durable - try not to stress so much and enjoy the bag.
Same! I’ve had my monogram speedy since 2009 and I don’t do anything to it. It still looks great today.