Taking care of your Speedy

irishlas

O.G.
Apr 14, 2009
It’s best to stuff your speedys. I use air paper or bubble wrap. If they are stored folded, I think it increases the likelihood of cracking in the wrinkles when they age. If your speedy has Vachetta, I put a cloth under the handles so they don’t touch the chaps, which could cause uneven patina where they touch. I take the lock off the tab for storage if it is a regular speedy, not a bandouliere, and store it inside. Of course, use a dust bag for longer storage times.

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
Honestly I don't take care of mine at all! I usually just throw it up on the shelf in the closet without stuffing it or even making sure it's upright. I don't wipe it down with a cloth, or anything like that. And you know what? It still looks fantastic with a beautiful patina 10 years after purchase. The canvas is quite durable - try not to stress so much and enjoy the bag.

Reactions: sayakayumi

Lala523

Aug 6, 2018
I use a rolled up bath towel in my Speedy 30 and then store it in its dust bag. I have a base shaper that I bought off Etsy. I now use toiletry pouches to keep things organized and not all over the place.

Dec 19, 2008
Honestly I don't take care of mine at all! I usually just throw it up on the shelf in the closet without stuffing it or even making sure it's upright. I don't wipe it down with a cloth, or anything like that. And you know what? It still looks fantastic with a beautiful patina 10 years after purchase. The canvas is quite durable - try not to stress so much and enjoy the bag.
Same! I’ve had my monogram speedy since 2009 and I don’t do anything to it. It still looks great today.