Taking care of the suede on tricolor luggage

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a tricolor celine with suede sides (picture attached). I’m going back and forth about selling it because I’m not using it much. I worry about the suede part. Can anyone share their experience with the wear and tear please?

Attached Files:

2. This tricolor combo is really nice, and easy to wear. I'd reconsider selling...the suede is only on the sides and in navy, so not a high maintenance color. Consider spraying suede protector as a precaution.

babypanda likes this.
  3. Thank you for responding. I also love the color combo :smile:. I’ve tried to sell 3 times and whenever I get a quote I change my mind and decide to keep it ! I bought a special spray for suede but am afraid to use it. Would love to hear from anyone who did that!

4. .

5. I have a suede and leather mini in all black and found that the leather parts sustain more wear. The suede is the "belly" of the bag on mine. It's a first gen, so about ten years old and the suede looks nearly new. Maybe invest in a suede brush to main the suede's softness?

babypanda likes this.
  6. \

try using your spray on a pair of suede shoes that you are less nervous about first. then for added security, do another pair, maybe one that has similar quality of suede as your bag. once you've done enough to set your mind at ease, and have had enough practice too, then do it on your bag. i've used collonil spray on my nubuck suede bags and boots and they look fine.

babypanda likes this.
  7. That’s great to know. Thank you!