Taking care of prada cervo lux

I was about to ask the same question too cos I just got a **woo hoo** lovely cervo lux tote in nero...and with the strap in the same material too instead of the chain, which feels soft and absolutely comfy!! :wlae:

The SA who attended to me advised me to moisturise the leather with mink oil once every 3 months or so to prevent it from getting dry. However I found a few articles online with different advices, some say it's a good idea to use mink oil, others say that mink oil may clog the pores and worse still, cause the leather to deteriorate in quality ('rot' was actually the word used) because of its animal fat content. Now I'm confused and don't really know what's best to do...:sad:

Can anyone who's owned this type of bags offer some good advice from experience? That would be such a great help to Prada newbies like me!

same question here - i also got a prada (cervo lux?) in glazed deerskin (with the chain strap). I called the prada boutique in Toronto and SA advised me not to put anything on it. I'm not sure what to do either.

I've only had my cervo lux tote for 2 months and I already noticed that the bottom of the bag is wearing away :wtf:. I didn't think that the bag rubbing against me when I walk would cause this to happen.

What to do??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

in fact even i was going to ask the same question viz a viz my cervo lux print talco. I wanted to know what is lux treatment actually and will it become dull over time?? Any idea if the leather on unprinted cervo lux is different from printed cervo lux????. TIA

I second this! My Cervo Lux Hobo is starting to fade at the corners (breaks my heart!!), the leather sort of feels dry and I am totally confused on what to do as the finish is so unusual!! Does anyone know any tips/tricks??

It's good to see this thread being revisited although there is still no answer :P My Fairy bag has held up fairly well (but yes there are wrinkles that look like they may crack), and my cervo lux tote has leather peeling off in some areas (small, barely noticeable unless you look closely). However I am starting to think that this is unavoidable for cervo lux, unfortunately. No matter how careful we are with the bags, it's bound to happen. It is a very delicate material after all. I still take very good care of them but I don't get that paranoid anymore. Just want to enjoy my bags and get the most out of them. :smile:

When I went to Saks yesterday, SA showed me a Cervo Lux tote on display (in the glass cabinet), the bottom corner has a big scuff mark thing, I thought since that's a sample, no body should have ever worn it and the store is supposed to take good care of it, but still it happened, so I think it is a beautiful leather but peeling is just unavoidable.

^^^I'm right with ya! Ticks me off really. They ARE beautiful finishes, but I refuse to dump four figures into a bag that's only going to lead to heartache (or a loss by selling it on eBay...).

OT, but not really. I'm ready to start a letter campaign to Prada boycotting their goofy finishes if they can't make them durable. Of course, I'm doing that myself now by refusing to buy any with a goofy finish...

I personally wouldn't purchase a cervo lux from Prada but that is not the point of this thread.

If your bags are showing some signs of wear and cracking, I would advise you to send your purse to a leather shop. My MIL has deerskin bags that are still pristine after years of use so I do think that the problem lies with the finishes and not the actual skin itself.

Hope this helps! I know this can be heartbreaking!