Taking a B40 to NYC???

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey Y'all! I recently got a Birkin 40, and I am obsessed with it. I have a upcoming trip to NYC(December) and I am trying to decide if I want to take it. I would love take it when I go shopping on 5th ave but I just worry about my safety. I have been to NYC once before but this time I will be alone. Do a lot of people carry Birkins or Hermes bags in NYC?? Thanks in advance!!

AndyMor likes this.
  2. They’re everywhere. You’ll be fine.

fabuleux and lulilu like this.
  3. Birkins are everywhere in NYC. Madison Ave is better than 5th ;)

jyyanks, eagle1002us, AndyMor and 3 others like this.
  4. They are everywhere in Manhattan. But if you really don't want to take it with you, don't. My main concern though will be that it is heavy to tote around the city. So make sure you bring something "lighter" in case you need to switch out bags. Enjoy the city!

5. Ditto all of the above. You should be fine - and weight is a valid concern. Bags, even in the lightest leather will feel increasingly heavier as you walk more. NYC is really something in December. Welcome and have fun :smile:.

jyyanks likes this.
  6. Absolutely they carry them. You'll blend in.

7. +1

8. this thread makes me want to go to NYC :girlsigh:

9. U won’t look out of place carrying a Birkin around NYC! But if you like to carry your Birkin open with the flap tucked in, just keep an eye out for pick pockets. If you are going to be in the city particularly around any of the major holidays, tourists flock to 5th Avenue and the sidewalks can get really crowded. Enjoy your trip! The city will look spectacular in December.

lulilu likes this.
  10. Thank y'all for the information!! I will be taking my birkin and a small LV crossbody that way when I go to touristy areas I can just take the crossbody. So excited to be in my favorite city!!

golconda likes this.
  11. No worries about carrying your Birkin in the land of OZ.
    You will fit in with many who walk the streets with their Kellys, Birkins & Chanels
    Enjoy yourself

12. For sure you will fit in on Madison Ave, but I would make sure to not leave the bag open (I get that folks want to show off the "Hermes" signature ..) because there are masters of thievery in NYC and especially (unfortunately) around the holidays as they know that there will be a lot of folks looking at the retail store windows!

You will have a great time; NYC is just fantastic around the holidays .. beautifully lit up, but not in a vulgar way! You MUST go to Rockefeller Center and see the big tree and see the folks ice-skating! Around that area, is Teuscher Chocolates (a huge favorite) that have the most divine Champagne truffles! Yeah, they aren't cheap, but they are a great treat!

13. Other than safety concerns, is your B made of all-weather-proof leather? NYC in winter = rain, possibly also snow. Togo, Clemence, Chèvre and Epsom should do fine, Barenia or Sombrero not so much.

Incidentally, my go-to 100% safe, ultralight & weatherproof touristy bag is always a Travelon or PacSafe. No one even tries to pick or snatch those!

14. Rockefeller Center and Fifth Avenue can become shoulder-to-shoulder tourists, depending on how close to Christmas.
    A great time of year to visit.

livethelake and baghagg like this.
  15. My guess is you'll get tired toting around a B40, but it won't stand out in the slightest in Manhattan and many other parts of NYC

jyyanks likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice