Take or not - 5 Motive Vintage Alhambra with diamonds

Brasil

Jan 30, 2018
Hello, I really like VCA bracelets, I have a MOP vintage Alhambra bracelet that I like madly. I am currently considering a white gold bracelet with onyx and diamonds or a diamond guilloche. I am confused by only one thing and this is definitely - the price. For the same price, i can buy a JUC Cartier in white gold with diamonds. Only in Cartier there is pure gold and good weight, and in VCA there is essentially little gold and onyx has no special value, except that there are diamonds. If i take a guilloche with diamonds, then at least there is more gold, as well as handmade. But if I take a guilloche, I'm afraid of scratches. Which bracelet would you choose? Do you think the price is justified? Or should I be looking towards other bracelets?

4150776B-1D6B-4093-8BA8-DE51282B6B08.jpeg

36DB21AB-22D6-4C99-A745-200B2D7FC456.jpeg

DS2006

Sep 27, 2013
I am getting the onyx pave for Christmas. I wear a lot of black and I think the pave and onyx is stunning. I already have the classic solid yellow gold bracelet, and I would personally worry more about the guilloche scratching in a bracelet. The guilloche pave is beautiful, though. I really don't consider the gold value when I buy these pieces. It's not like I'd ever sell for the gold value, because there is greater value in an iconic branded piece, if one ever decides to sell. I just think it depends on which you think is most beautiful and that you'd wear the most. To me, the Alhambra is more beautiful than JUC, but that is just personal preference.

Brasil

Jan 30, 2018
Thank you
I am getting the onyx pave for Christmas. I wear a lot of black and I think the pave and onyx is stunning. I already have the classic solid yellow gold bracelet, and I would personally worry more about the guilloche scratching in a bracelet. The guilloche pave is beautiful, though. I really don't consider the gold value when I buy these pieces. It's not like I'd ever sell for the gold value, because there is greater value in an iconic branded piece, if one ever decides to sell. I just think it depends on which you think is most beautiful and that you'd wear the most. To me, the Alhambra is more beautiful than JUC, but that is just personal preference.
Thank you very much for the answer. I think VCA jewelry is very beautiful, but still))) What classic bracelet do you have now, don't understand :smile:. Have you tried on pavé in yellow gold? I'm leaning towards onyx because I read a lot here about guilloche scratches. But I love the way diamonds look on yellow gold. They stand out more strongly, while they merge on white and can only shine in light. Because of this, I would like it in yellow gold) Although I love white gold too, and for example Frivole ring with diamonds, I like it more in a white version)

DS2006

Sep 27, 2013
Those are beautiful! I already have the white gold pave vintage pendant and earrings, so that is the main reason I wanted the wg onyx pave bracelet, plus it just looks better on me. I think the diamonds in white gold are beautiful! I also have the yellow gold lapis and alternating pave bracelet, and it is certainly beautiful, as well! I think you'd have to take care of either bracelet if you want to keep it in great condition, so you should just choose the one like and think you'd wear the most.

When I said I already have the classic solid gold bracelet, I meant the original solid gold design (some people call it hammered, but it is really more textured than hammered). It's a great casual bracelet.

VCA ygvintageAlhambraBracelet1 2016-03-08.jpg

Brasil

Jan 30, 2018
Those are beautiful! I already have the white gold pave vintage pendant and earrings, so that is the main reason I wanted the wg onyx pave bracelet, plus it just looks better on me. I think the diamonds in white gold are beautiful! I also have the yellow gold lapis and alternating pave bracelet, and it is certainly beautiful, as well! I think you'd have to take care of either bracelet if you want to keep it in great condition, so you should just choose the one like and think you'd wear the most.

When I said I already have the classic solid gold bracelet, I meant the original solid gold design (some people call it hammered, but it is really more textured than hammered). It's a great casual bracelet.

View attachment 4898824
Thank you so much!
Yes, you are absolutely right, I need take care of any of the bracelets ) Of course I like both of them, will think again)

Thanks for the photo of the classic bracelet, I also think about it. Think, I can wash hands and take shower with this bracekel and not so much afraid. Do you take it off at night?

Reactions: DS2006

DS2006

Sep 27, 2013
Thank you so much!
Yes, you are absolutely right, I need take care of any of the bracelets ) Of course I like both of them, will think again)

Thanks for the photo of the classic bracelet, I also think about it. Think, I can wash hands and take shower with this bracekel and not so much afraid. Do you take it off at night?
You can certainly wash hands wearing it. I generally do not shower or sleep with any jewelry on. But I suppose out of all the VCA Alhambra pieces, this one would be the least harmed by showering or sleeping in it. Still, it's best not to shower or sleep in fine jewelry if you want to keep it looking it's best.